Notices

Brake Question

Old 03-28-2005, 07:28 AM
Tark

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brake Question

I just changed the rotors like 15000km ago and they already showing symptom's of being bent or wrapped... I am not much of a aggressive driver however i do alot of highway driving and i usually go around 140km/hour but rarely need to brake hard. I find it is a bitch to change my rotors every 15K Km. Any ideas what could be going on? Should i go with different rotors then OE?
Old 03-28-2005, 08:32 AM
LT
The deer had to die!

Brembo blank rotors are not all the expensive - almost near the same price as OE rotors.

as for your problem...i have the same thing, my rotors just get warped. instead of replacing them, why not just get them turned (or machined). either you are hard on the brakes or you are getting them wet when they are critically hot.
Old 03-28-2005, 09:47 AM
Tark

Originally Posted by LT6916
Brembo blank rotors are not all the expensive - almost near the same price as OE rotors.

as for your problem...i have the same thing, my rotors just get warped. instead of replacing them, why not just get them turned (or machined). either you are hard on the brakes or you are getting them wet when they are critically hot.
I'll try to get then machined but the garage keeps refusing(so they can sell me new ones i guess) so i have to find a place that will do it. I think i will try to drive with warped disc till summer as i dont want to pay 400$ to get them done right now. cant really get worst can it?

would brambo be harder to wrap? how bout slotted or cross drilled? aren't those suppose to keep the disc cooler?
Old 03-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Solracer
NASA-VA Hyper-Announcer

Warping is not the rotor warping it is a buildup of pad deposits on the rotors in certian spots making the surface uneven. I have done this to fix mine and would suggest it to you. Get some 1000 grits sand paper and some brake cleaner, take you brake pads off so you can get a clean area to both sides of the rotor, sprat brake cleaner on the rotor and the sand it with the 1000 grit sandpaper, dry with a cloth when you are done and re-assemble your brakes and see what happens. The best thing to stop warping is better pads, such as Axxis Ultimates, Carbortech, Cobalt, and some AEM.
Old 03-28-2005, 11:15 AM
fjm1
G35

Default ??

Something isn't right. Simply replacing rotors is treating the symptoms instead of finding a cure. OE spec rotors for our cars can last 10 times as long as your getting.

Caliper(s) might be dragging/binding
Vac. Booster out of wack causing calipers to drag
You drive w/foot on brake
Old 03-28-2005, 01:12 PM
LT
The deer had to die!

mine just get that way from having to brake from 125/30-area down to 65 in a matter of seconds (on OE pads, rotors, calipers)