Notices

Easiest way to replace rear firewall mount?

Old 03-26-2005, 04:38 PM
bigt61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Easiest way to replace rear firewall mount?

I've never had to do this before, so I am asking for advice... what is the easiest way to replace rear firewall motor mount on my 94 automatic LS? any help appreciated guys, thanks!! I've already noticed it isnt like civics, where they can just pop in and out.... seems like the easiest way to remove it is to take apart the "T" bracket? but, I dont have a manual, so I dont know the procedure.
Old 03-26-2005, 06:31 PM
honura
Seni

That's maybe one of the only things I would pay someone else to change on my integra hehe. Not to easy with or without the motor in the car.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:42 PM
bigt61

I cant afford to pay someone else labor. Anybody have a write-up or any help they can give me? Anybody????
Old 03-28-2005, 05:08 PM
menappi

hey i had to do that on my 91 hatch with ls motor, and let me tell you it was a bitch!! theres no way it will come out unless you take your intake manifold off. then even with that off, your going to have to twist and turn the bracket to get that. took me a few hours once everything was unbolted to just get the bracket off, after wiggling it and trying everyway to pull it out). then once the bracket is out the mount can just be unbolted and pulled out. mind you that this is in a smaller engine bay, but i dont have lots of expirience with cars, so anyone can do it. just takes some time.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:55 PM
honura
Seni

The integra Frame and civic frames are diffrent. The civic frame is easy compaired to the tegra and if you have a hardtime imagine the tegra.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:19 AM
bigt61

Honura is right. There's like NO friggin room to move anything around. Is there an online manual anywhere I Could look at that you guys could post the link for? thanks!!
Old 03-29-2005, 04:25 PM
menappi

lol did u read my post? i have an LS motor in my hatch, with ls mounts, think about how much room there is with that. i just looked at my friends ls and he has way more room then i do. my intake mani is basically touching my firewall.
Old 03-29-2005, 04:27 PM
menappi

if your only taking off the mount, i would suggest maybe taking off the bolt that goes through it and then taking off your passanger side mount (also front tranny mount if u have one) and then jacking the motor up enough so the bracket clears the mount, thne pull the mount out from under the car.
Old 03-30-2005, 10:52 AM
bigt61

I changed it. Look for the "T" bracket that the mount is bolted to. jack your car up, crawl under it. look beside the exhaust downpipe, and remove those 2 huge 19mm bolts. then go up top. and remove the 17mm bolt that goes through the top of the "T" bracket. then, remove your motot mount bolts securing it to the frame. Next, pull up on the "T" bracket, while puling the mount out sideways. stick your new one in, put the thru-bolt in the motor mount, put the top "T" bolt in first, then put everything else back together pushing and pulling as you need to. Also, having an impact gun helps.