Notices

Supe up an 89 Integra?

Old 03-15-2005, 08:23 PM
Un4givon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Supe up an 89 Integra?

I'm looking at doing some peformance enhancements to my 89 Integra. Does anyone have any GOOD ideas how I can get her to push some more power out of her old bones?
Old 03-15-2005, 08:41 PM
craig5_12

I've got an '87 Teg I just picked up for my little bro. Are you looking for some quick pick me ups or just a quicker car? As far as quick and easy it never hurts to go with Intake, Exhaust and Headers...Although depending on mileage you may want to do an engine swap! From there your options are decided by your wallet.....anything from another D16 up to the 170hp B18C should fit (most with the aid of a kit).....happy tuning....
Old 03-16-2005, 10:46 PM
95tegRS

hit up home depot and make yourself an intake. I had a 89 and there was zero aftermarket out of the box parts for it. (even the k&n drop on that was listed for the car didnt fit- it fit but the holes didnt line up). other than that, a full tune up, exhaust if you got the $$. if you really want to go all out swap in a b series motor.

even a strait b20b froma CRV or b18 from a 90+teg will make that car fly. I miss my old teg, its really light so you dont need as much hp to make it quick
Old 03-17-2005, 04:57 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 95tegRS
hit up home depot and make yourself an intake. I had a 89 and there was zero aftermarket out of the box parts for it. (even the k&n drop on that was listed for the car didnt fit- it fit but the holes didnt line up). other than that, a full tune up, exhaust if you got the $$. if you really want to go all out swap in a b series motor.

even a strait b20b froma CRV or b18 from a 90+teg will make that car fly. I miss my old teg, its really light so you dont need as much hp to make it quick
I had an 89 w/a fully built zc motor. JG Everything. All it takes is a little cross referencing. You can pick up a zc motor for about 5 bills, which would be a good idea instead if spending the same amount on the old motor that won't give you much anyways. Also Weapon R makes and intake for the 89 and DC makes a header. Exhaust will have to be custom, but anything for 1.6l zc will fit your motor, there is cams, t-bodies, intake manifolds, turbo...you just have to look. So start w/the zc motor and go from there. www.speed-garage.com
Old 03-17-2005, 05:18 PM
95tegRS

Originally Posted by centerforce99
I had an 89 w/a fully built zc motor. JG Everything. All it takes is a little cross referencing. You can pick up a zc motor for about 5 bills, which would be a good idea instead if spending the same amount on the old motor that won't give you much anyways. Also Weapon R makes and intake for the 89 and DC makes a header. Exhaust will have to be custom, but anything for 1.6l zc will fit your motor, there is cams, t-bodies, intake manifolds, turbo...you just have to look. So start w/the zc motor and go from there. www.speed-garage.com

I wish i had that kind of info back when I had my old teg. actally I remeber back in the day going to many autop[arts stores trying to find a intake for it, and even wepon R didnt have one.

as for spending 5 bills on a used ZC, for like 800 you can get a nice b18a1 with tranny. 140 hp and 140 tq is a nice baseline to start off with
Old 03-17-2005, 08:19 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by 95tegRS

I wish i had that kind of info back when I had my old teg. actally I remeber back in the day going to many autop[arts stores trying to find a intake for it, and even wepon R didnt have one.

as for spending 5 bills on a used ZC, for like 800 you can get a nice b18a1 with tranny. 140 hp and 140 tq is a nice baseline to start off with
Word...I bought the weapon r intake from darkside motoring in 1999, Kenny Fong can outsource almost anything, and his prices are competitive and sometimes, if he likes you, he'll toss in some free shit. So maybe things have changed since then. I sold the car in 2001. So there you go...also, I bought the zc since it drops right in and bolts right up. I was a poor ass PFC in the army when I invested in the motor, and that was the best I could do, then again I spent a lot building the internals, so go figure...
Old 03-17-2005, 09:05 PM
VTEC763

i got one too and its my beater car but i have dc headers and catback bot by dc..