Notices

90 integra timing belt

Old 03-14-2005, 09:18 PM
embrace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 90 integra timing belt

Has anybody changed a timing belt on there own? Is it hard or what price am i expecting to pay for a mechanic?
Thanks.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:57 PM
slater442w30
Honda newbie

first get a haynes manual at the least, chiltons suck, second if you are a little unsure about working on cars then get a buddy to help or just take it to a shop. There is some stuff the book can help you with. If you get the belt back in wrong some really bad stuff can happen. And getting the balancer bolt off is a pain. I might be able to email you some pics off a timing belt disk showing the process if I can figure out how to copy it from adobe to the net. This is a book from napa on a cd that I have showing tons of cars and I used it on the last two I did and it went okay but I have been working on cars since I was 10 years old too
Old 03-15-2005, 05:38 AM
MaxOctane

changing the timing belt is pretty difficult if you don't have alot of experience turning a wrench. You might also need tools that you don't already have. As mentioned before, the most difficult part is getting the 19mm crank pully bolt out. That sucker is in there tight. I still have not gotten mine out yet (I need to buy several extentions so that I can use my breaker bar)

I would guess that taking it to a mechanic will run you 3-400 bucks...