Notices

Need help w/ alternator

Old 02-01-2005, 09:21 AM
morehpforme

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help w/ alternator

I have a 1987 Acura Integra. The alternator just went out and I thought I'd replace it myself. Got the two bolts out and the wires are disconnected but I can't get it out of the engine bay. If I go from the top I'd have to remove the master brake cylinder. I removed the oil filter thinking that I'd have enough clearance from the bottom but it's still too big to fit through.... what do I do?!
Old 02-01-2005, 09:38 AM
Running925
Your Powder Coater

i pulled mine out through the bottom when i had my 86teg. I think i had to get the drivers axle out of the way & i got it out throgh there. Can't remember exactly but i kno i pulled it out of the driver side on the bottom of that car.
Old 02-01-2005, 11:57 AM
morehpforme

Thank you Running925. I was thinking that's what I'd have to do! Oh what fun, eh? Thanks again.... anyone else have some other words of wisdom?
Old 02-03-2005, 12:46 PM
95tegRS

I used to have a 89 Teg. what i did was put a jack under the engine (use a wooden block so you dont damage anyting) and start propping the engine up. that give you like 3 cm's of clearence by the master cylinder, that was all i needed to pull the old alternator out (from up top). otherwise yea your gonna either have to remove the master cyliner, or take out a drive shaft. mYT way is the easyest. give it a shot before you do any of the big stuff