Notices

need help with my turbo teg' ? what should i do next?

Old 01-24-2005, 07:25 AM
nextphase

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help with my turbo teg' ? what should i do next?

hey ive been on this forum since ive started my ride about 4-5 months ago
i basically built my gsr to a turbo gsr with a greddy turbo kit. purchased the greddy fmic, also a thermal research 3 inch turbo back exhaust. and the lil misc stuff such as turbo timer, boost controller, type s bov,air/fuel and oil pressure guages . i just replaced my clutch with an exedy stage 2 clutch i know i need to tune but i need to upgrade the greddy blue box . hondata is something i hear is good and i should get? but really how much are they and is there only one model for it or is there several? after tuning i was thinking about a new test pipe . how much more power would the test pipe do for me? and also what else can i do to increase the power w/o setting the boost higher.. im at a stock preset of 7.5 lbs from greddy and id like to keep it that way... o by the way here is a pic of my integ. its a super sonic blue w/ white pearls . shaved moldings,handles antennas still sitting on the stock 15's blades but im gettin new tires soon... thinkin about yokahoma's es100 or some falkens... let me know what i should do to my boosted teggy

http://www.myspace.com/index.cfm?fus...20050124081741

Last edited by westcoaststyle; 01-24-2005 at 07:58 AM.
Old 01-24-2005, 07:42 AM
nextphase

i know a few heads in this forum has a greddy setup also... what ya doing to yours next/
Old 01-24-2005, 11:11 AM
HaRdCoRe TeXaS
Acura = Hardcore

do something outrageous. get a conversion kit.
Old 01-24-2005, 11:36 AM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

I would recommend going for the Hondata. It is probably the best option you can go with. I have the Emanage at the moment and it is alright. It was cheap, so I don't expect much but it is really easy to tune and I have noticed a decent amount of HP increase. I have eliminated the black soot from my back bumper because the blue box runs so rich that it smokes. You could also invest in a catch can to prevent oil contamination at peak TQ. Just a thought.

I am just wondering why you have a boost controller but your boost is still at the preset 7.8 psi?
Old 01-24-2005, 02:55 PM
dubcac
I

I'd go with an AEM EMS or hondata, and some injectors that are larger than the 310's that came with your greddy kit. If you go with hondata, you'll need to get an OBD1 GSR Ecu and an OBD2-OBD1 conversion harness as well. The AEM is expensive, but worth it IMO.
Old 01-24-2005, 06:03 PM
nextphase

o well i got the boost controller from a buddy of mines along with turbo timer for quite cheap and i wasnt sure why i was going to use to boost controller... i was thinking about settin boost lower but than i can cause i cant tap into the blue box of greddy's so its hooked up but i dnt even bother turing it on and plus that shit i dont even know how to use... umm hondata is what im aiming at next probaly ... but u said the emanage was cheap and it helped ? who tuned yours for ya ? how many hours? how effective was it? what kinds of diffrences did you feel?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:04 PM
nextphase

how much hp gain did you get from it?
Old 01-24-2005, 06:33 PM
newgsrdriver

I would go for Hondata/AEM as well, depending on which is cost efficient for you. If you have a Neptune dealer around, you should check that out as well, and also Uberdata if you want to do things yourself.

Also take a look at upgrading your downpipe. The stock Greddy piece is pretty tiny. You said you have a Thermal turboback, Im assuming you mean catback.
Old 01-24-2005, 10:24 PM
Provocateur
On permanent hiatus

Originally Posted by nextphase
but u said the emanage was cheap and it helped ? who tuned yours for ya ? how many hours? how effective was it? what kinds of diffrences did you feel?
Pros:
-Easy to work with
-Easy to install
-Cheap
-Lots of features that VAFC's don't have
-No more black smoke
-Much better than that ghetto blue box
-Compensates for larger injectors automatically
-Can have car running right after install without tuning
-Controls injector duty cycle, ignition timing, airflow adjustment, Vtec engagement, anti engine stall, boost cut limiters, etc.

Cons:
-OBD2 doesn't like it much. Learns around the program a little.
-Not much online support
-Have to hack up factory ECU harness
-Some issues with support tool
-Additional harnesses expensive
-Without support tool, it is practically worthless.

There are probably much more that I will encounter down the road, but it seems really good for my setup. If you have the money, go for the Hondata or the EMS. I don't want to go with either of those because the price doesn't justify the product since I will most likely not ever race my car; it is only for my personal driving pleasure.
Old 01-25-2005, 11:44 AM
nextphase

ya i feel ya i dont really plan on fully racing my car.. maybe every now and then i see. so i might just vafc but then i might just go with da base hondata and upgrade some extra options to it... shmoo? how much hp u pushing nows?