Notices

Trunk release inside 2001 Acura Integra???

Old 01-18-2005, 12:17 PM
Maximillion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trunk release inside 2001 Acura Integra???

Just bought a 2001 Acura Integra. Is there a inside lever to open the trunk??? Or is the factory security remote an opener?
I got no owners manual with it! Wheres the cheapest for this?
Thanks
Old 01-18-2005, 12:18 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

why did you post in the accord Forum? if you have an acura integra
Old 01-20-2005, 02:20 AM
BONE

no inside trunk release only with the remote, you answered your own question. Try ebay for the owners manual.
Old 01-20-2005, 04:24 AM
99IntegraGS

The 2001 has an electric hatch lock and actuator. Your alarm/keyless entry remote will unlock the hatch by pressing the unlock button twice. If everything is working properly, you should then be able to use the little latch that's hidden in the "handle" area of the hatch to open it.

There are a couple of other ways to unlock the hatch and all but one require that the hatch lock actuator assembly work properly. If the electric lock and actuator are working properly, you can unlock the hatch with the door lock switch inside the door, you can also unlock it using your key in the drivers door. Turn the key and hold it for a second, the initial turn mechanically unlocks the driver's door, but by holding the key in the turned position for a second or two longer activates the car's electric door locks. Both doors and the hatch will unlock doing this.

The keyhole in the rear by the tail lights functions much in the same way. But, if I remember correctly, with one slight difference. The rear key/lock mechanism functions first as an electric switch to the entire lock system, then if turned harder/farther clockwise will also manually unlock/open the hatch.

I know all of this through experience only... my '99 Integra had a bad lock/latch actuator assembly thus keeping the hatch from operating properly as described above. I bought and installed a new actuator assembly and now my hatch lock/latch works. I was pretty sure it was an actuator problem because I could hear the electric lock working, but the hidden lever in the hatch handle never would open my hatch. This went on for about 2 years until I finally read a post by a former Acura mechanic saying they always throw an actuator at the problem I was describing. I bought the part for about $50 and it did the trick.

Sorry so long, probably more than you wanted to know.

JD
Old 01-20-2005, 07:24 AM
VPUPPY

you could have a 12v shop install a push button switch that would activate the hatch actuator so it pops open. have it mounted in the glove box or on the center console.
Old 01-20-2005, 08:50 PM
brothalynchhung

yeah right... u have to pull up on it while activating the lever thus making it a 2 person operation to get the damn trunk open... just use the damn lever in the back where put ur hand.
Old 01-21-2005, 08:50 AM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Every time I hear about these actuators crapping out, I'm glad I have the older, cable-operated system with a lever in the cabin. h:

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-21-2005, 10:11 AM
BONE

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
Every time I hear about these actuators crapping out, I'm glad I have the older, cable-operated system with a lever in the cabin. h:
I second that