Notices

grounding / electrical problem?

Old 01-16-2005, 12:48 AM
G2teg_driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default grounding / electrical problem?

I recently pulled the motor out of my 91 teg (B18A1) and after putting it back in I noticed that the it was not running right. while driving after the car was warm it would sometimes sputter and even stall. The ECU was flashing a code 43. I noticed on my air/fuel ratio guage that the car was running very lean and sometimes not even registering. I changed my fuel filter and it made no difference. I checked all the vacume hoses and they are all correct, all the electrical connections are conneceted properly (as far as i can tell). I checked my timing, that is fine. I have reset my ECU and none of this has made a difference. I was thinking that i have a ground problem since i made myself a temporary ground from the engine block to the firewall and that helped the car not to stall, but it still sputters when it is being bogged in the lower RPMS (1-2000 RPMS) and still registers as lean on the air fuel ratio guage. Also my CD player will randomly reset wiping out my presets and when the car is off the windows will not go down before the door is opened.

stock B18B1
Ram air intake
APC wires

I don't know what to try next Please help
Old 01-16-2005, 04:22 AM
krusty990

code 43 is listed as a fuel system problem for OBD-1.
Old 01-16-2005, 09:46 AM
G2teg_driver

I know, but this is OBD-0 and in my book it lists the code as "a problem int the o2 circut , vaccume problems, or a problem with the fuel supply system.
Old 01-16-2005, 11:10 AM
brothalynchhung

if your head unit resets you need to check your battery terminals and definatly check your grounds. Cause you deck is loosin power and its only 1 of 2 things... you could be shorting somewhere make sure u didnt sit ur motor on any leads... alternator leads / starter leads etc. i dont think or you could of even dropped a cell in your battery which will cause random voltage loss or surge.
Old 01-16-2005, 04:46 PM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

I know you have a code 43, and I had that once on my 89 (many yrs. ago) and I ficed everything it suggested and it did not do shit. I finally was advised to changed the modulator in the distributor and see what happens...so I did and it made everything better, the sputtering, the stalling, the intermittent cut outs. If the modulator goes bad these things can happen as well. For me this was the problem.
Old 01-16-2005, 05:43 PM
G2teg_driver

beleive it or not i have replaced the modulator in the distributor already. I guess it was a recalled part a few years back.
Old 01-17-2005, 05:14 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Originally Posted by G2teg_driver
beleive it or not i have replaced the modulator in the distributor already. I guess it was a recalled part a few years back.
Well so much for that...