Notices

B18C5 cam description

Old 10-27-2004, 02:28 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Kind of a long story, but basically the guy that did the work was the guy I bought the car from. I told him I couldnt really afford to get a new headgasket put on anywhere if I were to buy the car, so he said he would do it for me because he was (usually) pretty good with that sort of thing. I was there when he did the work, I just wasn't watching his every move or anything. Anyway, everything got all messed up the next day. I ended up needing a new cam, cam gears, and three new valves! He ended up paying for half the repairs plus he gave me those cams. I doubt there is anything else I could do since he wasn't a mechanic or anything. He was a pretty nice guy about everything.

So am I going to be OK with that cam with the less deep distributor hole or what? Why is it not as deep?
Old 10-28-2004, 11:17 AM
ADRONICUS
www.ufc.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red94teg
Kind of a long story, but basically the guy that did the work was the guy I bought the car from. I told him I couldnt really afford to get a new headgasket put on anywhere if I were to buy the car, so he said he would do it for me because he was (usually) pretty good with that sort of thing. I was there when he did the work, I just wasn't watching his every move or anything. Anyway, everything got all messed up the next day. I ended up needing a new cam, cam gears, and three new valves! He ended up paying for half the repairs plus he gave me those cams. I doubt there is anything else I could do since he wasn't a mechanic or anything. He was a pretty nice guy about everything.

So am I going to be OK with that cam with the less deep distributor hole or what? Why is it not as deep?
Thats sucks, I thought maybe you went to a shop. Looks like it's gonna cost more in the long run. b16 cams in a b18 will work, but not sure why anyone would want to do it. In your case, you need a cam in there, but your downgrading too. Check out www.acuraparts247.com you can a type r intake cam for less than 3 bills. Have dude pay half and install it for you.
Old 10-28-2004, 01:19 PM
R_Squared
LEVEL UP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just got the b16's in there for now. I still have my Type R exhaust cam and I just bought a Type R intake cam. So i'll probably put those back in in a few months...The shop said it'll be about $300 to do the cam swap. But I am still unsure about the hole on the distributor end of the Type R cam. Like I said, it's not as deep as the Type R cam that was already in there...So I am really confused as A) why the 2 cams look different and B) why the hole on one isn't as deep as the other. Can somebody help me out here?

Oh yeah, there's no way I would trust that guy to do any more engine work for me. He's already done his fair share of screwing things up for me!