Notices

Rear strut bar on 94-01 LS sedan

Old 10-16-2004, 03:27 PM
carta79
Life after death

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear upper strut bar on 94-01 LS sedan

Anyone on HAN have one?

I'm debating on whether or not I should get one. I have the Type R front strut bar and a Comptech rear sway/tie bar. Is the tie bar sufficient enough? I just want to stiffen the chasis.

I wanted to see what an install would look like on a sedan. The trunk liner would have to be removed or cut.
Old 10-16-2004, 07:49 PM
acuratxracer
91 integra ls

i have a 91 ls and i have both front and rear upper bars its pretty nice, the rear was an easy install i had to cut that plastic liner alittle i will post pics of it tomorrow or i think i already have pics posted look for my very first post i posted alot of pics of my ride, and yes i could tell a big change my rear tires will actually squel more now when im taken corners at faster speeds and i cant really tell all that much body roll, go on ebay i front and rear combo's for like 32 bucks after shipping
Old 10-17-2004, 07:05 AM
carta79
Life after death

Originally Posted by acuratxracer
i have a 91 ls and i have both front and rear upper bars its pretty nice, the rear was an easy install i had to cut that plastic liner alittle i will post pics of it tomorrow or i think i already have pics posted look for my very first post i posted alot of pics of my ride, and yes i could tell a big change my rear tires will actually squel more now when im taken corners at faster speeds and i cant really tell all that much body roll, go on ebay i front and rear combo's for like 32 bucks after shipping
Well I'm pretty serious about tuning my suspension. The Ebay strut bars are quite flimsy, I could most likely bend them in half over my knee. I'm looking for a rigid tie bar that will reinforce the chasis. The Type R came with this tie bar from factory so I'm thinking that the bar is quite functional.
Old 10-21-2004, 04:14 PM
Tobra

On a sedan, you will not get as large an improvement as you would on a hatchback, there is already quite a bit of material there and no big hole for the hatch. I would rather maintain the ability to use my trunk. LIner would need cut and it would sort of be right there in the way if you ever want to put junk in trunk
Old 10-21-2004, 05:22 PM
teg92
WHAT OK YEAH!

Ya Dood