Notices

NEED HELP on Turboing a Integra

Old 07-28-2004, 03:45 PM
j87w

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEED HELP on Turboing a Integra

Ok I have a 95 Integra LS. I was wondering if I could use the turbo off my 89 or 90 I think dodge mini van. It came stock with a 4 cylinder turbo charged motor. Does anyone know anything like if the turbo will work or not or what. Thanks for your help on this. Im looking to run about 10 psi of boost also.
Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 04:31 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Turbo technology has improved so greatly in the last decade...you'd be doing yourself a terrible dis-service by lashing something together to use such an old turbo.

In short. A high-boost daily driven turbo B is a fairly expensive proposition.

There is a lot of work needed to have a reliable B-series boosted to 10psi. When you factor in drivetrain upgrades, cooling upgrades, forged internals, a sleeved block and the turbo components itself....you'll easily have 3 to 5 grand invested.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:12 PM
j87w

From what Ive read. People boost Integra LS's with stock internals up to 14lbs just fine. Im not saying your wrong. But im just saying thats what Ive read.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:18 PM
j87w

Im thinking what I would need, correct me if im wrong or something, but I need an intercooler, piping, a downpipe, a manifold for the turbo, a turbo(what kind?), the oil lines and such for the turbo, and a fmu i think to run like 10 psi.
Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 10:20 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Originally Posted by j87w
From what Ive read. People boost Integra LS's with stock internals up to 14lbs just fine. Im not saying your wrong. But im just saying thats what Ive read.
No offense taken.

Not to bust you on it, but I'd really like to know who's saying a stock B18b1 will take 14 lbs of boost reliably.

Honestly, I'd find a new source of info...because an internally stock B18* running at 14psi is a time bomb. If the pistons don't fail first at the wrist pin, then the rod certainly will. The cylinder bores can also split - remember, they're free-standing.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
j87w

So like what about like greddy or turbonetics turbo kits. What can you boost your enginet to then.
Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 10:33 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Im thinking what I would need, correct me if im wrong or something, but I need an intercooler, piping, a downpipe, a manifold for the turbo, a turbo(what kind?), the oil lines and such for the turbo, and a fmu i think to run like 10 psi.
Thanks
My honest recommendation is to start with the GReddy Kit for your LS. To run 10 psi with crude fuel management is inviting disaster. Seriously..

Futhermore, if you're serious modifying your Integra, then there is a book you simply must buy. No excuses. It breaks it all down and lays out all your performance options...from nitrous to N/A, forced induction to Frankenstein motors. Even Hybrids are given excellent coverage. Buy this book.

Mike Kojima's Honda / Acura Engine Performance : How To Modify D, B and H-Series Honda / Acura Engines for Street & Drag Racing Performance. PenguinPutnam Books. ISBN: 1-55788-384-X. $17.95

Through no fault of your own, I'm getting the impression that a lot of web forum banter has clouded your judgement a tad. If nothing else, find this book at your library and give it a thorough read. It will help you immensely in your research.

:cheers:

Old 07-28-2004, 10:36 PM
j87w

I have a book by mike kojima, its the second edition of that book i guess. Ive read pretty much all of it except the forced induction and nitrous. So i guess ill check it out.
Thanks
Old 07-28-2004, 10:37 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

So like what about like greddy or turbonetics turbo kits. What can you boost your enginet to then.
Thanks
The standard GReddy Kit is set to 6psi, which for a street app is quite decent. I implore you to consider the long-term durability of your motor...and the additional expenses that come with higher boost levels.

Old 07-28-2004, 10:38 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I have a book by mike kojima, its the second edition of that book i guess. Ive read pretty much all of it except the forced induction and nitrous. So i guess ill check it out.
Thanks
:cheers: Right on..!