Notices

Complaint: Goodridge SS brake lines

Old 07-23-2004, 09:51 AM
pirate252

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Complaint: Goodridge SS brake lines

This may be the wrong forum, but i wanted to let all my fellow teg buddies know...

So i bought these and installed them, first of all I hope you know how to get the damn clips off where the hardline connects to the softline cuz the "install customer service" sucks, i couldnt get the clip off, but in the end it was all just as easy and pullin on it.

But my complaint is because when i was using the banjo bolts that they suplyed me, i was tourqing them down...on the package it says a max of 24 ft/lbs, my manual says to take them to 25...so i set it at 22-23.

The first one seemed to touque down fine, but the second one just kept spinning, IT BROKE the thing snapped in half at the hole in it, luckily i got the bottom peice out of the caliper with some plyers. And then when i took the one i just touqued down out, the hole was bent, it was on the verdge of snapping.

So i had to dig though the garbage and find my factory banjo bolts, which were much heavery, and the threads on the thing were much longer then the ones goodridge gave me...So dont use the banjo bolts that they give you, just a warning.

Matt
Old 07-23-2004, 09:52 AM
teg_fan
I like integra's

thanks, Ill remember that
Old 07-23-2004, 09:14 PM
Bumnah
So OG it hurts.

same thing happened to me.

i used their new copper washers, and oem banjo's.
-----
Old 07-24-2004, 12:44 PM
pirate252

Originally Posted by Bumnah
same thing happened to me.

i used their new copper washers, and oem banjo's.

And how long have they held up like that? I am actually kinda woried that the lines themselves might blow if they cant even make bolts right, why should i trust that they made the lines right??

Is it possible for you to get me some pics of how you routed them on yours, i want to see if i routed mine right.
Old 07-24-2004, 03:30 PM
white_n_slow
it's my D in a B

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've never heard of that problem. Hmm... I would trust the lines... its pretty hard to screw up that-although I also wouldn't expect them to screw up the banjo bolts either :thinking:

I have no-name braided lines, and all the hardware has held up just fine so far.
Old 07-25-2004, 02:15 AM
Kai
Rotorphile.

Originally Posted by pirate252
And how long have they held up like that?
He has since sold his car to my friend Patrick (HatchVX on the board,) and there hasn't been a problem yet.