Notices

bushing install (finally)

Old 07-13-2004, 12:23 PM
spaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bushing install (finally)

fresh on the heels of my thermostat replacement debacle, i've decided to tackle the much maligned suspension bushing install. i have the upper and lower control arms out (i will take them to a shop to get pressed, i know my limitations). i noticed that the sleeve from es that goes into the bushing that the strut forky thing bolts into is considerably larger than the stock one. i'm not an expert, but in my estimation, this spells disaster. i remember reading something about re-using some part from down there but i cannot find the post now. if anyone knows what i am talking about and can inform me, i would be greatful.
Old 07-13-2004, 02:28 PM
spaz

sigh. why is it that you only run across hot babes in supras when you are driving your control arms to the shop in your sister's beater saab? my life sucks so bad right now
Old 07-13-2004, 03:06 PM
westcoaststyle
Still here... sorta...

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by spaz
sigh. why is it that you only run across hot babes in supras when you are driving your control arms to the shop in your sister's beater saab? my life sucks so bad right now
Ya, cause you know if you were in your car she would have stopped right there and dropped her pants for you. hfawk:

Glad you got the install done man... :db:
Old 07-13-2004, 03:39 PM
spaz

naturally. chicks who drive supras go wild for guys in mostly stock integra sedans. duh
Old 07-13-2004, 04:32 PM
spaz

so has anyone else encountered the problem of the es sleeve being larger than the stock sleeve? am i totally insane?
Old 07-13-2004, 08:23 PM
konali

I'm going to assume by your ref to upper and lower CA and the shock forky thing that you're talking about the front.

I used the entire ES master bushing kit and didn't have to reuse anything. Once you put the new bushings in you will see how the bigger sleeve is the correct part and will work fine. I was curious about this at first too, but it was fine.

Does the sleeve fit inside the forky thing or is it too long?
Old 07-13-2004, 09:30 PM
teg_fan
I like integra's

I installed the es bushings on the rear lower lca's where the shock mounts and I DID have the problem where they were too big. I didnt have time to take it to a shop and get pressed in since I did not anticipate the problem, and I needed me car to be in working order. I got a sanding 'barrel' and put it on my drill and also used a cobalt drill bit to make the hole in the lca slightly bigger, then I heated up the lca and after taking the es bushings and sleeve out of the freezer, I lubed them up and they went in with a bit of effort.
Old 07-13-2004, 11:05 PM
spaz

yeah, i figured it out. i am so close to being done. there is this one bolt on the lca that wont bite. i had my dad come out and we jammed and pushed and prodded but we couldn't get it to line up. we had three of the four bolts in, but we couldn't get the fourth in, so we called it a night, and i will have to finish it tomorrow after work. i am pissed. all in all, it was suprisingly easy (for contrast, it took me a month and a half to do my clutch). this only took a day. from what i understand, the rear will be a different story all together . hnoes: