Notices

my GSR feels weak

Old 04-04-2004, 11:56 PM
NOSon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my GSR feels weak

I dunno whether it's an engine problem or it's normal, but when i floor my gsr at rpm under 4k it feels very weak. It feels like my car is struggling. Even with motor and tranny oil change, it feels the same. Anyone know what is going on?
Old 04-05-2004, 12:17 AM
cheezthis
sound/acoustical engineer

Are you new to the car? More info is needed...much more info. For now, you're leaving everyone here to play the wonderful guessing game. I don't enjoy that game at all.
Old 04-05-2004, 12:23 AM
b00gers

youre probably feeling the lack of torque associated in the integras. but yes, you have to tell us more. did this "weak" feeling just occur?

btw, where in oakland are you from?
Old 04-05-2004, 05:14 AM
GSRMON

Originally Posted by NOSon
I dunno whether it's an engine problem or it's normal, but when i floor my gsr at rpm under 4k it feels very weak. It feels like my car is struggling. Even with motor and tranny oil change, it feels the same. Anyone know what is going on?

You need a supercharger for low-end torque... otherwise trade it in for something with more torque. Any VW with the 1.8T would do.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:43 AM
Chris N

Originally Posted by NOSon
No torque! lol!

Ok, seriously. Have you owned it for a while and does it feel WEAKER than before?

Did you just get the car and are unhappy with its lack of low end torque?
Old 04-05-2004, 09:41 PM
jaxice

haha yea right now im thinkin that your new to the whole honda-acura deal..and im tryin to figure out if like chris n said that ur just not used to it or what? more info plz...
Old 04-06-2004, 12:24 AM
NOSon

The car was like that since i bought it (december 2003). The low-end power feels very sluggush, but after it reaches vtec, i can feel a big difference in power. is it normal to feel a sluggish low-end power on a GSR? I have driven an LS before, and it was much snappier than my GSR. I didn't feel the lack of torque like mines did. Inputs from GSR owners would be helpful. BTW, i have a 95 DB8.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:32 AM
cheezthis

They're dogs below 4k really. All Integras are...they're only 1.8L engines.
Old 04-06-2004, 12:35 AM
NOSon

but the LS was much snappier and smoother under 4k. So a GSR is weaker at low-end?
Old 04-06-2004, 01:09 AM
cheezthis

Sedan is a bit heavier...could play a role. They're all weak in the low-end...LS, GSR, ITR...b16's even more.

Likewise, there could be many other variables here...such as engine condition bwt. the LS and GSR's you've driven.

The b18b has a peak tq. at a lower rpm than the gsr and itr. That might be part of it as well.

Research it a bit...you'll see what we're talking about. If you're concerned, check the condition of your engine (compression test is a good way to start).

Quick Reply: my GSR feels weak