Notices

what makes ITR's track 10mm wider than a GS-R?

Old 09-02-2003, 07:08 AM
rysbrnr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've read that ITR's are 10mm wider than a GS-R. What was done to make that happen? Is it 10mm wider in the rear, front, or both? I do remember that my ITR's rear lower control arm is different from my old teg. With the different lower arm is also has a different shock mount too. The only thing I can think of is maybe Honda extended the length of the control arms to do this.

read 3rd paragraph down:
http://www.hybridautomotive.com/tech/5lug/
[/url]
Old 09-02-2003, 08:45 AM
e r i c s 9 9 s i

nice car collection in your sig 8)
Old 09-02-2003, 09:11 AM
rysbrnr

Thanks!
I used to have a 2000 EBP Si and was mildy happy with that motor, howcome you swapped to b18c5 versus building up the b16? I only know of one other guy who did that to his 99 Si but he also spent and extra 5 grand of N/A work on top of his b18c5.
Old 09-02-2003, 02:28 PM
WTypeRogerX

I don't know if the wheel offsets account for the entire 10 mm difference.
Old 09-03-2003, 02:57 PM
PUNKITR

The 5 lug hubs could have something to do with it also, it is only 10mm...
Old 09-03-2003, 08:10 PM
rysbrnr

I did some more researching and found that the ITR wheels have 5mm more offset than the GSR wheels. 2 wheels x 5mm would give it the 10mm wider track then.
Here's what I found in an ITR review at www.canadiandriver.com :

While the Type R's four-wheel independent double-wishbone suspension is similar to other Integras, it's been beefed up to improve high speed handling. The front suspension consists of an L-shaped lower control arm, an upper control arm, a coil-over shock absorber, a stabilizer bar and a performance rod. The front spring rate has been increased by 22 percent with a 115 percent increase in compression damping and a 70 percent increase in rebound damping.

The rear double-wishbone suspension components consist of upper and lower control arms, a trailing arm, a coil-over shock absorber and a stabilizer bar. Damping rates for the rear suspension have also been increased with compression damping settings in the progressive-valve unit increasing by 66 percent, and rebound damping going up 31 percent.

Three other factors have also helped the Type R's handling: a lower overall vehicle height (by 15 mm) and aerodynamic refinements that result in 30% less lift and 1% less drag; a reinforced unit body structure; and high-performance tires. The Type R is equipped with Bridgestone Potenza RE010 performance tires, similar to those found on the NSX. The Type R's 6 x 15 inch aluminum wheels have a 5 mm greater offset than the GS-R.