Notices

Spring suggestions please...

Old 07-14-2003, 09:02 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by OPIE112
What is the drop on the ground control springs? And to answer the above question, I want the car to look a little more aggresive and handle as well as it already does if not better.
Look at Ground Control's website to learn all the info you need. But the ride height is adjustable (short answer).
Old 07-21-2003, 05:00 PM
kabob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whitey, is that the setup you use? How is it as far as performance and ride comfort go? $339 including Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs sounds too good to be true..
Old 07-21-2003, 06:40 PM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by kabob
whitey, is that the setup you use? How is it as far as performance and ride comfort go? $339 including Bilstein shocks and Eibach springs sounds too good to be true..
$339? more than that.. the Bilsteins are ~$400 and the GC's are whatever they cost.. I got them for a good price a while back from Trey's old company.

I ran 450lbs-in front and 600lbs-in rear. That's near the limit of the Bilsteins in the back but the ride was still decent. After I stopped taking the car to driving schools and autocrosses I sold that setup to someone who could use it and reinstalled stock shocks and stock itr springs (prefectly fine on the street, I don't care too much about how lowered the car looks, even on the GC's my car wasn't lowered all that much).

A lot of people on HT use the Bilstein/GC combo. It's a nice setup. If a friend even gets around to buying a CRX shell for an SPU car I'll be running Zeal S6 on that for the adj stroke or (And preferable) something with remote resoviors.. but there's really no need for that kind of hardware on a street/HPDE car IMO.
Old 07-21-2003, 08:22 PM
kabob

Doh! Yeah, the GC's cost that much in and of themselves ops:

Good to hear man, I think I'll take that advice when I upgrade my suspension next year
Old 07-22-2003, 08:46 AM
Dev

Im removing a set of sleeves/stock and replacing with hr sport/bilstein (cost effective)...

has anybody used the mugen rear/front spring mounts King stocks..

http://www.kingmotorsports.com/produ...ehicle=Integra

would be reference # 15 and #7 if you maximize the schematics..

Are these worth it as far as price/performance? would it be cheaper to grab stock spring mounts..(I know those are good)..or do muonts make no difference at all?

thanks
Dev
Old 07-22-2003, 09:01 AM
Blazin ITR

Originally Posted by OPIE112
I just ordered lowering springs for my ITR. Eibach Sportlines, they lower the car 1.7 inches, now I'm second guessing my decision. I live in NY and pot holes are really BIG in Manhattan. Does any one else have them, or heard feed back on them. I'm really paranoid about this because the drop on my last car caused the oil pan to eat itself monthly.

Any suggestions??? Or feed back good or bad..
IMO: I wouldn't upgrade your ITR springs or the suspension in general. Until one has mastered their driving skills with the stock suspension. Then, I would invest in some coilovers, but not just springs. I currently drive with Tein HA, but looking to upgrade to Mugen NZ. I know people out there are not willing to drop a lot of money on their suspension. But to those people out there; your driving a ideal suspension from factory and it's going to cost some money to improve on that great platform from Honda. If your going to start something, do it once, and not twice!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:20 AM
typer483

Don't be ghetto. Save for the real thing
I have the the full H&R coilover kit. $1400
I thinkn Tein are around the same price too.
BAD ASS
Rides better than the stock R and I'm sitting right above the tire. Only thing
Be careful if you have an aftermarket header. I've already hit mine and I raised the car up. Just don't go too low!
Old 07-22-2003, 09:50 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by Blazin ITR
IMO: I wouldn't upgrade your ITR springs or the suspension in general. Until one has mastered their driving skills with the stock suspension. Then, I would invest in some coilovers, but not just springs. I currently drive with Tein HA, but looking to upgrade to Mugen NZ. I know people out there are not willing to drop a lot of money on their suspension. But to those people out there; your driving a ideal suspension from factory and it's going to cost some money to improve on that great platform from Honda. If your going to start something, do it once, and not twice!
He wants looks it seems with a bit of added street handling. N0's are FAR overkill for that application.

FWIW the stock suspension is a coilover design. Therefore, one is not switching to coilovers. One is switching to a threaded sleeve or threaded body depending on what they go with.

The factory ITR suspension is VERY capable but it's not hard to improve it.
Old 07-22-2003, 09:55 AM
Dave-ROR

Originally Posted by typer483
Don't be ghetto. Save for the real thing
I have the the full H&R coilover kit. $1400
I thinkn Tein are around the same price too.
BAD ASS
Rides better than the stock R and I'm sitting right above the tire. Only thing
Be careful if you have an aftermarket header. I've already hit mine and I raised the car up. Just don't go too low!
Question: What is the real thing? What makes one spring set more real than another? or one shock more real than another?

H&R threaded body coilover kit = threaded body Bilsteins and H&R Springs last I checked (this was ~3 years ago, may have changed) so how is that more "real" than a set of bilsteins and threaded sleeves with eibach race springs?

Tein.. there is a Tein model I wouldn't mind, but it's overkill for a street car. Lower end Tein parts are something I'd take out for the stock ITR suspension if I used it on circuit courses.

Just my opinions and experience of course. I am a bilstein whore I admit. But then, they work fine on our race cars so they are certainly good enough for a street car IMO. Let's not forgot the thread creators intention. This *IS* a street car. It does NOT need adj. stroke, remote res., et cetera.

Adjustable height is nice though, and that's why I suggest GC with Koni's or Bilsteins. You can't go wrong with the setup on a street car/HPDE car in my opinion. You can even get JDM front heavy rates if you want, GC will provide whatever rates you want without hassle and without delay (unless it's a rare occasion that they are out of stock of something).
Old 07-22-2003, 10:52 AM
typer483

ghetto meaning:
$200 APC coilovers with factory struts
You'll be bouncing up and down like a ghetto whoopty