Notices

Jackson Racing Supercharger for the LS/GS Teg fit the Type R?

Old 07-13-2003, 01:25 PM
kabob

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend who works at an Acura dealership who told me yesterday that one of the mechanics there was selling his JRSC kit with a few more supporting mods for fairly cheap. I was interested but didn't think the non-VTEC B18 kit would work for my ITR's B18C5. My friend checked back with the owner and the guy said that it would work fine with the R but I wanted to get you guys' input before I shell out that much change

Like I said, I'm skeptical on a few things especially the tuning aspects since my buddy mentioned the guy was using an FMU instead of a dedicated fuel computer like a V-AFC or Hondata. I'll be getting more details in the next few days but the guy was selling for $1500 including an extra pulley (I believe the 11 lb. one but I really don't need that kind of boost) and RC Engineering 310cc injectors.

Thanks in advance, I've been wanting to do something reliable for a year to kick my car in the ass for some more speed
Old 07-14-2003, 05:45 AM
fredtoast

I believe that the is a smaller blower than what is on the Type-R. (M45 instead of M62?) Also the Type-R blower pulley is a different size. That is a good deal for a jrsc kit. The JR FMU does fine at the 6 psi level, but it is designed to work with the stock injectors. If you increase the boost then it is a good idea to get larger injectors and a different fuel managment system. If you don't get hondata then you will also need something to controll the timing under boost. The JR Boost Timing Controller works fine and is adjustable for higher boost. Go to the "forced induction integra" forum at Hostboard.com and also Hond-Tech.com. I love the jrsc on my R, but I don't know that much about the kits for other cars. My one suggestion is that if you get the jrsc go ahead and set it up for the maximum boost (10-11 psi). With proper fuel management your stock engine will easily handle that power. If you have it installed and tuned at a lower boost level it will cost you a lot to move up later. So save yourself the time and money and get the max boost from the beginning. That way you can put that money toward the new exhaust system you will need. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.
Old 07-14-2003, 11:40 AM
kabob

Well, exhaust is fine, I have the JDM 4-1 header, test pipe (STILL trying to get a Carsound cat from Hybrid Garage) and a 2.5" Tanabe catback so I'll get some input from a reputable shop-- hell, Jotech is 30 minutes away from me-- about tuning for high boost on stock internals
Old 07-15-2003, 12:23 PM
kabob

Yeah, I talked to Jackson and they said that the supercharger, manifold, brackets, everything was different. Doh! I guess it's a good thing since I should really put that $1500 towards something more utilitarian. I hate utilitarian