Notices

JDM header?

Old 02-10-2003, 02:39 PM
Jason Moon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is there an actually company called, "JDM"? I always thought JDM were Japanese parts. for example, are Spoon header also allowed to be called as JDM header?

Im asking this question because I'm planning on a purchase of JUN header. But I'm open for any suggestions. As for the JDM header, i know it gives out the most mid to high end torque, but since the headers long i think i'll have some difficult problems in the streets of LA.

Im new to the form scenes and would appreciate for the help.

As for my cars is an 98 champ. Toda cams and camshaft, mugen head gasket, motor oil pan, mugen catback exhaust. full AEM water bypassed intake sytem, Tein suspension setup, and spoon brake pads. to this point I'm a very proud owner of 60,000 miles :lol:
Old 02-10-2003, 03:03 PM
kabob

No, JDM stands for "Japanese Domestic Market" and a JDM Type R header is actual Honda original equipment for the Japanese Integra Type R. They got a true 4-2-1 header in '96-spec and a 4-1 header from '98+. JDM headers offer significantly better flow than the US crap.
Old 02-10-2003, 04:04 PM
Champ R

Well seems like you have a pretty nice mod list already... what kind of toda cams are you running? Also do you have a budget for this header? Id recommend something like Toda, Spoon, Mugen or Hytech.
Old 02-10-2003, 06:37 PM
Jason Moon

thanks. and as for the cam gear im using Toda Spec-B. and JUN Titanium Retainers with JUN valve springs. The two product really seems to work well together, especially around 7rpm. On the mountains i feel a little bit of underpower (atmosphere pressure) but there car revs happily. My car is specifically being tunned for cornering (R's duty). Caster and Camber, damper setting with toe-in are being messed with.

I have just ordered a Cusco rear tie bar and a Spoon ECU. Very excited to see the results.

As for the headers, like i said I'm open for any suggestions. But mostly likely going to be ordering a JDM header.

Did you know in Japan championship white has the same name but the color is a little different?