Notices

crank pulley for jrsc boost

Old 11-27-2002, 10:51 AM
fredtoast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've heard of installing a larger crankshaft pulley to increase the boost from the jrsc on my 98 ITR. Anyone out there done this? Where can I get the proper pulley and belt? Thanks for any info.
Old 12-03-2002, 01:25 PM
Spunkster

Jackson Racing should be able to get you this pulley. Thats where I got mine. Although mine may be one of the prototype units.
Old 12-04-2002, 05:23 AM
fredtoast

Thanks for the reply. I've already priced one from Jackson Racing. I'm just trying to find out all my options.

I know that you have that nice Hondata set up. I looked into tuning. It would be sweet, but I just can't afford it at this time. If I do the fuel managment first then I'll have to re-tune after my boost upgrade, and then again after my new exhaust system. I can only do a little each year, and dyno/tuning time costs big bucks.

So here is my question. As I understand it I will have to get bigger injectors in order to use the Hondata system. Will it do me any good to go to the bigger injectors now when I do the boost upgrade without the Hondata?
Old 02-27-2003, 02:23 PM
Beasty18C5

check out this site http://www.theoldone.com/components/ for different related parts for the supercharged go into pulleys section.
Old 03-01-2003, 03:41 PM
MastrHU

Instead of the crank upgrade, have you looked into the alternator pulley upgrade for the JRSC. Jim at Motorvations Motorsports makes a stepper pulley(He is also very helpful when it comes to jackson chargers). You can go on hostboard.com and find out. I just bought one and installed it Friday. On the dyno the pulley added 20whp to my set up, and 24lbs of torque. My max numbers was 229whp and 164lbs of torque. Not to bad for a daily driver and a $160 upgrade. I havent gone honda data yet. I have all the Jackson band aids with a VAFC. Plus, I have put a set of Prelude injectors in. Right now my car is tuned really nice so I don't find much of a need for a honda data.