Notices

jdm compression results

Old 11-18-2002, 12:05 PM
2XS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my jdm itr installed, and did a compression test. I got 185-190 accross all of them. I expected it to be also higher, can anyone tell me if this is what I should have expected, with those engines in the 11:1 comp area
Old 11-19-2002, 11:33 PM
Aj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

unfortunately, results from a compression test using a pressure gauge through a spark plug whole while the car is sitting still, really doesn't tell you a damn thing about compression, it just tells you if all your cylinders are balanced with regards to fouled components.

There really isn't any way to get a compression figure on your motor, every time you change a component, for that matter, even stock, the numbers manufacturers and parts suppliers give you as a compession rating are computer generated, and estimates at best.

You don't actually believe for a second that every ITR in the world has exactly 10.6:1 compression ratio, do you????

In any case, those number do sound sufficient for a healthy motor, whether they're an 11.1:1 compression ratio, untill you pull the head, you'll never know.......

Later,
Aj