Anonymous

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm thanking of a jackson racing supercharger on my 2000 type R
what dose every one thank?
Old 10-26-2002, 10:52 AM
pUrExTc
殺生丸

The Type-R wasn't really built for forced induction...however, if I was going to go down that road, I think I'd go supercharger, just because it's a lot less maintenance than a turbo would be. not a bad system jackson racing has there either, I lost to a supercharged GS-R, but not until 3rd gear, and he had all the bolt ons and a semi-built engine while i was still stock...plus he lied and said he was just running bolt-ons...of course when you hear that whine...y'know that's BS...and when he tells you that he has a Jackson Racing Supercharger...it's just like, then why didnt' u say so in the first place! :evil:
Old 10-26-2002, 11:37 AM
vactor

i recently installed a JRSC on my 2000 ITR. i did it all myself in 5 afternoons after coming ome from work. the install was pretty easy considering what it was i was doing. no real hitches. car fired right up and had ZERO driveability problems. puls smooth, without hesitations, hiccups or detonation from off idle to redline. i need to dyno tune it as i have an EFI PMS isntalled as well. i have the fuel set VERY conservatively at the moment, and aggressive off-boost timing. car is a LOT faster than it was stock, and hauls ass even with 4 additional passengers. i am in the process of getting some 440cc injectors so that i can ditch the FMU. all in all, i am VERY VERY happy with the blower. if you follow the step by step instructions, use your Helms manual, and have some patience, i see no reason why you would not be happy as well. having a car with torque is VERY nice!! even though it might be possible to get more peak HP going turbo or NA, these routes will be much more expensive, put a LOT more stress on components, and drastically decrease daily driveability. the blower gives you more power and more torque over stock without any decrease in driveability. if you want more torque, better driveability, and a better autoX and occasional road race car, you will NOT be sorry if you get a blwoer. BUT, make sure you know what it is you plan on using the car for. a blower will NOT be the best thing for a 1/4 mile car, for instance. hth
Old 11-05-2002, 08:59 AM
alex b

let's get this straight though...

a lot of people are under the assumption that superchargers are "safer" than turbos, nitrous, etc. no matter what kind of forced induction you put on your motor, you still need to realize that you're FORCING AIR into the motor. unless you have the right amount of fuel vs. the right amount of boost, you're asking for trouble.

im not trying to start a flame war here, but i'd never put any kind of forced induction on an all aluminum engine. take this for example:

volkswagen uses and iron block for their 1.8t engine. why? because any kind of prolonged exposure to boost needs it. and thats also why ford went with an iron block for the new supercharged cobra. ford wouldnt comment on how badly the aluminum version faired. :?

lastly, everyone i've personally known that got their ITR supercharged wasnt too satisfied with the results. just my two cents.

to me, high compression + any kind of boost = bad. :shock:
Old 11-05-2002, 09:13 AM
Trey

batoutofhell akja Bob Dole aka Jim has been pleased with his JRSC on his R after much tuning.
Old 11-05-2002, 11:37 AM
alex b

but i heard after 2 years tuning and thousands of head aches, the car is only pushing 218 to the wheels. the cost/headache factor doesnt seem to justify the power or torque.
Old 11-06-2002, 06:17 PM
Spoonvtec

my friend down here in fl, and i were planning to put the jrsc at the same time, he got to put it on and the gains were great on his car. we drove it an when we got on vtec, i was like speechless. the vtec was superstrong and it wasn't tunned yet. then i ran ito some problems paying my next semester for school and i'm selling mine, if any one is in terested i post it allready in the classified section.
i wish i could put it on,we raced both cars his with the jrsc and mine without but almost same bolt on's and he pulled nasty from me.
Old 11-07-2002, 10:44 AM
fredtoast

I have a Jackson Racing supercharger system on my 98 ITR. It includes the high speed fuel pump, MAP controller, and boost timing controller. Everything else is stock except an AEM CAI. It has been running great for almost a year but, of course, I'm already looking for more power. What mods work best with forced induction? Right now I'm looking at cam gears and a VTEC controller. What's the best way to spend my money? How can I get some more power on the low end? I've seen dyno charts for cams with really high peak HP, but there are huge dips in the curve. I'm kind of a beginner on all this, so I would appreciate simple answers. I don't have a lot of money to spend right now, but I plan on keeping the car for a while and building a little at a time. Thanks.
Old 11-08-2002, 03:46 PM
pissedoffsol

it's all about effective compression...

and being that the R is so high to begin with, boosting it maks it nearly out of control
Old 11-12-2002, 10:43 PM
Spunkster

I am running 10 psi on my ITR with stock internals, 440cc injectors and a Hondata s200. My best power tested was at 7psi before upgrading to 10psi at 237hp and 157tq. I highly recommend getting the supercharger. You won't hear the trumpet sound of vtec like you're used to, but oh the low end torque and the extra power all the way to redline. If you have any questions you can email me at integratyper265@hotmail.com

I also work at Hondata, so if anyone has or plans to get the JRSC, I can provide you with a great base tune to get you started.