Notices

time for brakes

Old 01-27-2004, 10:45 AM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default time for brakes

alright, ive searched and searched for awhile, and i couldnt really find a cut and dry answer to my problem.

i need new rotors, because mine are starting to have stress cracks and heat marks. also, i need new brake pads because mine are almost worn down.

as for the rotors, im torn between buying brembo oem's or some brembo slotted. since my old rotors look like they do, im thinking the slotted will help get rid of the heat.

as for the pads, ive heard hawk hp+, axxis metal masters, and aem nissin pads are damn good.

the only restrictions i have on the pads is that i would like them to last decently long 20k-30k and i dont want em to eat my rotors up like the last ones did.

right now, i just want the best stopping power i can get from buying these two things.

thx in advance.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:13 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

I have Brembo blanks and Axxis Metal Master pads and am quite pleased with them. I would also suggest to add stainless steel braided brake lines as well to reduce the flex in the stock rubber line. I need to do that this spring.
Old 01-27-2004, 11:39 AM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

are the brake lines really nessecary?

i think a mc brace would be of more help. :naughty:
Old 01-27-2004, 11:57 AM
DVPGSR
I need sleep...

Brake lines are not necessary but will certainly give your braking more precision. Especially in the summer when the rubber brake lines get hot and tend to flex a lot more. For anyone that wants to upgrade their brakes SS brake lines is the first thing to do. A M/C brace is nice to have but is the last thing to upgrade.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:02 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

hmmm, ill check that stuff out. thx.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:22 PM
v-teg01
Candy

ask around about the brake pads i heard the carbon fiber pads,or the more top of the line pads like to squeak alot and arent that good when you first start driving the car, they seem like they need to get warmed up alot longer the stock. just something to keep in mind.:yes:
Old 01-27-2004, 12:31 PM
newgsrdriver

MC Brace is pretty useless. The lines will make much more of a difference.

Autozone blank rotors and your choice of Hawk HPS or Axxis Ultimates would be great. No need to pay shipping on "brembo" blank rotors, and the pads will last a decent amount of time, not be too noisy, but dust a good bit more than stock.
Old 01-27-2004, 12:45 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

under autocross use, though, could you warp the blank rotors easier?
Old 01-27-2004, 06:31 PM
newgsrdriver

Nope, its all the same if you ask me unless you are doing track days.

Even in an autocross, I dont see your brakes getting that hot in such a short period of time that you will experience extreme brake fade, nevermind warping them.

And if they do, they have a 90 day warranty, go return them and get new ones! If you warp the blanks, you probably would have warped the slotted rotors too.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:16 PM
Co0lDood
[ATP]ATL

Originally Posted by newgsrdriver
Nope, its all the same if you ask me unless you are doing track days.

Even in an autocross, I dont see your brakes getting that hot in such a short period of time that you will experience extreme brake fade, nevermind warping them.

And if they do, they have a 90 day warranty, go return them and get new ones! If you warp the blanks, you probably would have warped the slotted rotors too.
yeah and i heard alot of autox people use autozones blanks... saves you alot of money! i thought they have a life time warranty on them?

Quick Reply: time for brakes