Notices

Still ain't brought any wheels for my GS-R!

Old 01-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Elfstone

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still ain't brought any wheels for my GS-R!

Hey fellow Acura People,

I still ain't found any wheels for my 95 Isle Green GS-R Sedan. Well, not in the price range I set for myself anyhoo. I was trying to find some wheels that would look good on my GS-R in the $550 range out the door.

Looks like I'm going to have to up the anty a bit. :naughty: I checked out Enkei's and Konig's and didn't find anything that I felt would look right or good on the GS-R. So, looks like I'll be uppin the anty to about $800 out the door.

I saw some really sweet lookin wheels made by 5-Zigen, I found four of their styles in my upper price range; RX-6, Super Six, MK-6 and the Figther. All four wheels look pretty sweet. :naughty: Next question, wich color do you all feel would look the best on a four door Isle Green GS-R, the Hyper Black or the Silver?

Least but, not last, as I don't know much about wheels, so please help a feller out here and help me choose the right wheels, oh and by the way, are 5-Zigen a good brand of wheel to go with? If not, please chim in with your thoughts. :dunno: Thanx in advance...

Peace Out
Old 01-12-2004, 03:20 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

Rota Subzeros are sweet looking wheels that are quality and hella cheap... I'd suggest looking at those...
Old 01-12-2004, 03:48 PM
95TEGGY

hey check out cheapwheels.com and wheelmax.com because they had an awesome deal recently for like 499 shipped for 17" wheels + tires. They were all good brands too. If non of those work you can always check ebay. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2004, 01:13 PM
AirWaveGT

http://www.importhookup.com/forums/s...hp?threadid=17
Old 01-14-2004, 03:26 PM
Elfstone

Hey Epoch, 95Teggy, and AirWaveGT, thank you all for your help. I'd love to have some Rota's on my Teg, but no one near me sells them.

Oh, and another thing, when my brother turned me on to this 95 GS-R, it came with a $1400.00 suspention job and 17 inch wheels and tires.

Being as I just put on new 17 inch tires less then two weeks ago, I'm stuck with the purchase of 17 inch wheels. I purchased the tires at Big O and they didn't not inform me that the wheels were warped, until I came back less then two days later to complane about the Teg vibrating when I hit about 60 miles per hour.

Now I have to puchase new wheels and I'm stuck with 17 inch tires and wheels on my lil ole Teg. I'm in the school that 16 inch tires and wheels would be the best all around for my GS-R.

Oh well, looks like I'll be going with some Imagine Opals by Konig. The price is right and the Opal color is a really nice contrase with the Isle Green color of my GS-R sedan. :naughty:

Pecae Out
Old 01-14-2004, 03:57 PM
Epoch
CHRISTMASTIME IN IRAQ

AWESOME prices:

https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/s...hreadid=115346
Old 01-14-2004, 04:03 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I run 5Zigen Fighters in the Titanium finish, which is a coolish bronzy gunmetal color, on my Adriatic Blue Pearl DC4. IMO, the silver finish is a little bright for the darker greens.

I'm having trouble remembering how bright the green hue is on Isle Green. Is it fairly dark? If so, I say go with the darker finsh.

As far as quality, I love them. They've held up just fine, and to answer your question...5Zigen has been the wheel biz for quite a while..

That said, the Rota Slipstreams are also very sturdy and rather lightweight too, considering the price. Either brand is a wise choice IMO.

My 2.3¥

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 01-17-2004, 10:01 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

For daily driven cars, Rota wheels should be fine, but I've seen too many Rotas cracked, bent and broken right off at the autocross and at road races.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:16 AM
qtiger

Originally posted by dom93hatch
For daily driven cars, Rota wheels should be fine, but I've seen too many Rotas cracked, bent and broken right off at the autocross and at road races.
Happens to all sorts of wheels. I've got pics of SSR Type-Cs broken off at the spokes.
Old 01-17-2004, 10:51 AM
dom93hatch
more meat, more fire

holla :eek3: