Notices

Help Integra - Automatic Seatbelt broken!

Old 12-18-2003, 03:45 PM
acuraash123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Integra - Automatic Seatbelt broken!

Hi all,

I have an 1991 Acura Integra.

The problem is that the driver's side automatic seatbelt (shoulder belt) doesn't always retract like it should. In other words, sometimes it retracts 100%, sometimes it retracts 0%, other times it will begin to retract and get stuck somewhere in between.

Whether it works or not seems random, in terms of the time of day that i am driving. The only thing that is consistent is the sound of the constant error beep that indicates that a seatbelt malfunction has occured.

Any help with this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 12-18-2003, 08:33 PM
Tobra

Can you leave it in the retracted position and uncip it, or is bolted together?
Old 12-18-2003, 09:48 PM
Shore 96 Teg
I miss my 93 VTEC Lude :(

you can unclip them....i remember my dad had a 2gen GS back in the day when i was like 13. They can be unclipped but i dont know if u can keep it in one spot. T
Old 12-18-2003, 10:28 PM
MrFatbooty
Wannabe yuppie

The great thing about seatbelts is that car companies are required by the government to provide a lifetime warranty on them. If you ever have a problem with anything seatbelt-related then you can get it fixed for free at the Acura dealer.
Old 12-19-2003, 08:38 AM
Tobra

Fats, you really are smarter than me
Old 12-19-2003, 11:45 AM
airon
AARONNOJIMA.COM

Originally posted by MrFatbooty
The great thing about seatbelts is that car companies are required by the government to provide a lifetime warranty on them. If you ever have a problem with anything seatbelt-related then you can get it fixed for free at the Acura dealer.
tis correct
Old 12-21-2003, 03:25 PM
integboy97

yeah i heard that too! never had any problems with mine but thats because i never wear themh: is there a pattern when it reatracts or gets stuck at times:dunno: like in the morning, or when its cold etc??
Old 12-23-2003, 06:02 PM
sleepin91teg

Hey man, i understand ur problem perfectly, some guys said take it to acura and they will fix it for free etc...i dont know about that, but i just gutted my 91 LS for a drag car, and i got rid of those, so if you want to, ill sell the motor to you...u name a price ur willing to pay, and set up shipping and ill send it to you...i got no need for it...lemme know man! ttyl

Josh
Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 PM
mbsanjose

acuraash123

My daughter has a 1990 acura integra that had the driver's side automatic shoulder belt stop working. Did you attempt to have the Acura dealer take care of it? Was there a charge?

Thanks mbsanjose
Old 01-18-2004, 05:21 PM
Azinracer

yea definately seatbelt is covered for free, it's under warrenty, lol i believe i still have my original warrenty manuel stating what's covered and seatbelt is lifetime, haven't gone in yet cuz i don't have a problem but i'm curious if anyone's gotten it fixed really for "free" it'll just be good to know.

oh and as for the one position fix.....have the seatbelts to the position you want, which of coure should be up. then go under the hood into the fuse box and pull the seatbelt motor fuse, don't pull the left or right one, just pull the back up fuse, and done it's set into one position. if you want to manually unhook and hook the belt you can do so still providing safety.