Notices

Apexi World Sport Catback Thread

Old 12-13-2003, 07:08 PM
Shore 96 Teg
I miss my 93 VTEC Lude :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

james are u talking about the thermal or the ws?
Old 12-13-2003, 11:45 PM
95tegRS

i got my WS a few months ago now, Definetly A+. The polished muffler looks insane, at the same time it isnt loud either> actauly its alot like stock and sounds pritty much excatilly as described above.

I had some fitting probs. it sat up too high and rattled against the body. I just had my buddy (he did the installer) take it off heat the hangers up and bend em so they were a bit lower. Done, problem solved. The fitting problem was minor, its still worth every penny!!.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:16 AM
So.Cal_INTEGRA

Originally posted by Shore 96 Teg
how much is a WS and how does the volume compare to that of a Thermal? I want the quieter of the two. Im looking for a more reserved setup cause i dont want to draw too much attention to the car and i dont want people to turn around 2 blocks away cause my exhaust is friggin loud.
Both I think are about the same, now just get the one that will fit your buget. I payed $300 for mine, idono how much the thermal one is.

Another thing I like about the WS is the tip, very slick and I love the way they put the Apex-i logo on both sides of the tip.
My car is droped on coil overs about 1.5-2.0 and I really have no new scraping problems which I would incounter with the stock setup.
Old 12-14-2003, 09:27 AM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

im talking about the WS.... i love it.... i wouldnt hesitate to buy it again for other cars or replace it if i have the car long enough to need to... perfect sound, nice feel, clean look
Old 12-14-2003, 11:08 AM
skylinedo

n00b question:
how does it affect the torque?
Old 12-14-2003, 05:43 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

i didnt see any charts but i feel a low end power difference over my stock exhaust with magnaflow universal muffler... check out the apex'i site or something im sure they can give you dyno charts or some sort of figure
Old 12-15-2003, 05:12 AM
RufusAZ

Wow, after posting this thread and not hearing anything for a couple days I forgot about it... but thanks for all the info guys...

Anyway, based on your feedback it looks like this will be the way to go for me. A car is not fun if you have to granny it over every little dip in the road.

I also read that the World Sport 2 is coming out soon. If I knew when for sure I might hold out for that..
Old 12-15-2003, 05:12 AM
RufusAZ

Wow, after posting this thread and not hearing anything for a couple days I forgot about it... but thanks for all the info guys...

Anyway, based on your feedback it looks like this will be the way to go for me. A car is not fun if you have to granny it over every little dip in the road.

I also read that the World Sport 2 is coming out soon. If I knew when for sure I might hold out for that..
Old 12-15-2003, 02:39 PM
ISP James
DAMIMRED

what is the difference for the ws2?
Old 12-15-2003, 06:29 PM
So.Cal_INTEGRA

Originally posted by ISP James
what is the difference for the ws2?
Im sure that it really has no real difference. I was going to wait till it would come out also after seeing it on the Apex-i site. But it had no release date on the site, so I really could not wait any longer.
All the site said about the new WS was that it was 50 state legal. But anything that happens after the cat has no effect on smog, other then that I have no idea what is the difference.

All I have about the WS #1 is that its a very slick and atractive Cat back that does not have that RICE sound to it, but a true sports car sound.
:thumbup: