Notices

Advice?

Old 11-11-2003, 05:04 PM
AcuraIntegraLS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice?

I Have a Acura Integra LS now the motor makes a knockin' noise that knockin' noise is Rod Barrin'. Now I can either rebuild the engine or i can buy the same one or a 1994 LS motor from the junk yard. What should I Do Rebuild or buy?
Old 11-11-2003, 11:03 PM
ragerized
dc4 ownerages

depends on how much youre looking at. i would probably do a rebuild because you know where your engine has been. on a "new" engine, theyre usually from japan and theyre abused. it depends on several factors on what exactly i would do...
Old 11-12-2003, 05:30 PM
dubcac
I

It would be easier to buy a shortblock and just swap them out, instead of rebuilding it. You don't know if there is other damage besides just the bearing, there could be scoring on the crankshaft. This would entail taking apart the block, new bearings, new rings, etc. You can find an LS shortblock for under $500 if you know where to look, and just swap it out without disassembling the entire motor.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:04 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

I too would reccomend swapping a shortblock of the same model year. Just be sure you've got a good candidate picked out.. do a leakdown test, etc.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!