Notices

Engine sitting up to high?

Old 04-13-2013, 07:27 AM
pierced1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine sitting up to high?

Ok i have a 90 integra that i just took a b18a1 out of (piston rid came through the block) and installed another b18a1. I have all four of the motor/trans mounts hooked up to the car and all seemed good. So i went to install the axles ( i removed the trans connected to the old motor, and installed it connected to new motor) driver side went on fine, half hour job max. Went over to do the passenger side and realized right away that the dampener fork was in the way of where i needed to put the axle to get it lined up with the trans. So i removed the through bolt where it connects to the lower control arm, just so i would have more wiggle room. So i did that and axle went in fine, no problem. But now it is holding the dampener fork to far forwards for it to reconnect to the lca. So after looking a little closer, it looks as though the axle is sitting to far forwards towards the front bumper and a little to high. I rechecked that the mounts were installed properly, and that the trans mount was tightened down all the way... and it is. Up until not everything else has been fine, its the same exact motor that came out of it, i cant figure out why its sitting up to high. The hood closes, so its not off by alot, but off enough that i cant get that axle back installed. And suggestions on what to check next?