Notices
Front Desk Having problems using the site? Questions? Need help with the site? Let us know here.

ibSearch

Old 11-02-2008, 01:11 PM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ibSearch

This search engine either sucks, or I'm not typing the correct words.. anyone else having a problem with it?

Trying to find a thread started by Jay about car maintenance list, it was somewhat recent.. I searched for posts with the keywords and also searched for all threads started by "jaymar88" and it didn't pop up. Also had trouble searching other things too..
Old 11-02-2008, 03:27 PM
RicoD
Pull my finger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some reason whenever I search and I get too specific (Like putting down usernames) I'll come out with jack squat When I get vague and put down general keywords of the thread or post, It'll be on the first page h:

Try that h:
Old 11-02-2008, 07:16 PM
e3NiNe
#CustomUserTitle

the old search didn't quite work right after the hardware switch over. (remember the constant white page results?) Well, we got this and was told it'd be worked on by iB. We're reporting the issues and hoping to get some work done on it.

I'm sure you noticed this, but the threads are returned via post date. Try drilling into Jay's profile, then threads created by. Sort by date and start sifting through. :hs:
Old 11-02-2008, 08:29 PM
Draconius
BAZINGA!

Originally Posted by e3NiNe
the old search didn't quite work right after the hardware switch over. (remember the constant white page results?) Well, we got this and was told it'd be worked on by iB. We're reporting the issues and hoping to get some work done on it.

I'm sure you noticed this, but the threads are returned via post date. Try drilling into Jay's profile, then threads created by. Sort by date and start sifting through. :hs:
Mine defaults sort by relevance. I always have to remember to switch it to post date...it's frakking annoying.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:55 AM
DarkStarr
Shake n Bake!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here's what I do:

Find threads posted by jaymar88, keyword: car. I get an error message cause the search terms are confusing
Old 11-03-2008, 03:22 PM
k3ifers
k three ifers

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

can we get like a google sponsored search?
Old 11-05-2008, 12:32 PM
Nelson
Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

At this point, the IB search tool (in its current state) is what we will have to use. We have no control over this.
- SOLD
EG Ferio - SOLD

FA Ferio - Returned
www.NelsonLee.net

Old 11-05-2008, 01:00 PM
å
åhhhhh

Originally Posted by DarkStarr
Here's what I do:

Find threads posted by jaymar88, keyword: car. I get an error message cause the search terms are confusing
could be because the word "car" is too short a string for the search engine.

i like the relavance thing.. how does it calculate how relevant the thread is?
Old 11-09-2008, 03:19 AM
A-series
v-card member alpha

I used to occasionally search for posts under my user name, if it'd been a while since I was on the forum, b/c I wouldn't remember the last threads I'd posted in or whatever. Last couple times I tried that, it failed so badly, the search tool is dead to me.