Honda-Acura.net

Honda-Acura.net (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/index.php)
-   Front Desk (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/front-desk-114/)
-   -   ibSearch (https://www.honda-acura.net/forums/front-desk/402979-ibsearch.html)

DarkStarr 11-02-2008 01:11 PM

ibSearch

This search engine either sucks, or I'm not typing the correct words.. anyone else having a problem with it?

Trying to find a thread started by Jay about car maintenance list, it was somewhat recent.. I searched for posts with the keywords and also searched for all threads started by "jaymar88" and it didn't pop up. Also had trouble searching other things too..

RicoD 11-02-2008 03:27 PM

for some reason whenever I search and I get too specific (Like putting down usernames) I'll come out with jack squat :o When I get vague and put down general keywords of the thread or post, It'll be on the first page :oh:

Try that :oh:

e3NiNe 11-02-2008 07:16 PM

the old search didn't quite work right after the hardware switch over. (remember the constant white page results?) Well, we got this and was told it'd be worked on by iB. We're reporting the issues and hoping to get some work done on it.

I'm sure you noticed this, but the threads are returned via post date. Try drilling into Jay's profile, then threads created by. Sort by date and start sifting through. :hs:

Draconius 11-02-2008 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by e3NiNe (Post 4114108)
the old search didn't quite work right after the hardware switch over. (remember the constant white page results?) Well, we got this and was told it'd be worked on by iB. We're reporting the issues and hoping to get some work done on it.

I'm sure you noticed this, but the threads are returned via post date. Try drilling into Jay's profile, then threads created by. Sort by date and start sifting through. :hs:

Mine defaults sort by relevance. I always have to remember to switch it to post date...it's frakking annoying.

DarkStarr 11-03-2008 05:55 AM

Here's what I do:

Find threads posted by jaymar88, keyword: car. I get an error message cause the search terms are confusing :rolleyes:

k3ifers 11-03-2008 03:22 PM

can we get like a google sponsored search? :o

Nelson 11-05-2008 12:32 PM

At this point, the IB search tool (in its current state) is what we will have to use. We have no control over this.

å 11-05-2008 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by DarkStarr (Post 4114409)
Here's what I do:

Find threads posted by jaymar88, keyword: car. I get an error message cause the search terms are confusing :rolleyes:

could be because the word "car" is too short a string for the search engine.

i like the relavance thing.. how does it calculate how relevant the thread is?

A-series 11-09-2008 03:19 AM

I used to occasionally search for posts under my user name, if it'd been a while since I was on the forum, b/c I wouldn't remember the last threads I'd posted in or whatever. Last couple times I tried that, it failed so badly, the search tool is dead to me.