Notices

going to the ride and drive in the bay area on april 4'th

Old 04-25-2006, 01:10 PM
jaje
HC Racer H5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 93CivicSiD16HB
But cant you just reinforce the body and suspension of an RSX to make it flex and roll less?
you could but you'd have to reinforce the body and it would raise the center of gravity...the TSX or the e36 m3 sedan doesn't need the extra reinforcement to make it stiffer than their coupe kin

And wouldnt that bit of flat, immovable body for the rear and the super reinforced door (like those on the 06' RSX-S) for the front make it safer?
safer (and likely heavier) does not equal faster

Also the civic coupe and sedan have different wheelbases this year, giving the coupe a bit of a longer length between the wheels.
actually the opposite (though perception is fogged b/c the coupe looks smaller)

wheelbase
Civic Sedan: 106.3
Civic Coupe: 104.3

length
Civic Sedan: 176.7
Civic Coupe: 174.8

width
Civic Sedan: 69.0
Civic Coupe: 68.9

structural stiffness typically goes like this sedan > 4 door hatchback > coupe > 2 door hatchback > convertible
Old 04-25-2006, 07:23 PM
McSwine

Originally Posted by 93CivicSiD16HB
I dont understand why people are getting excited about 4 door sport cars?
There are more body lines, more weight, and its less safe than a solid design coupe. The only upside i see is the entrance to the back seats, but i say make them get in the pass side door?
4 doors make a car wayy too tame, also they have that rolling rear roof deal, and with the new civic its a radical change in the slope of the rear between the coupe and sedan models.

Just my two cents
You obviously don't have kids. I long for the days when I can drive a coupe again.
Old 04-25-2006, 10:05 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

there's a super-insane lease on rsx-s going on right now. it's like $169/mo w/4000 down.
Old 06-20-2006, 05:00 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

The fit is shit,
Old 06-20-2006, 05:41 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

Originally Posted by hondatech
The fit is shit,
gee, that was a worthwhile contribution. jackass.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:08 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

Originally Posted by Phateless
gee, that was a worthwhile contribution. jackass.
Welcome to america, where you are entitled to your own opinion....

Only a jackass would think the fit is some great car to mod out. Get a clue you moron it's a gas saving econo shitbox.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:21 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

i'm not pretending it's an s2000. it's a great little car for what it is. it has raised the bar for "econo-shit-box". if you'd driven one you'd know that. yes you're entitled to your opinion. i just don't see why you'd bother to come in here with a negative attitude. seems like a waste of time to me. what a contribution.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:00 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

i'm not pretending it's an s2000. it's a great little car for what it is. it has raised the bar for "econo-shit-box". if you'd driven one you'd know that. yes you're entitled to your opinion. i just don't see why you'd bother to come in here with a negative attitude. seems like a waste of time to me. what a contribution.

It hasn't raised the bar for anything, it's cheap, ugly, gutless and has useless features like the paddle shifters to market to kids who don't know shit about cars. Since you mentioned "if I ever had drove one I'd know" I'll go ahead and bite, it has horrible understeer, body rolls like an SUV and can't make it out of it's own way. Like I said in my previous post an econo shitbox.... Let's see what else did you say? Build quality? Second one sold at our dealer had the rearview mirror fall off in the customer's hand at delivery(great quality huh?!?)
Another one came back a few days later with a bad fuel pump or something, great for CSI huh? IT HAS A GREAT MP3 PLAYER THOUGH!

If you can read my posts you can see I'm a Honda technician and I have driven both the "sport" (if you can call it that) and the regular model and I'm basing my opinions of the car on my own road tests of the car. Don't assume you know it all. You know nothing about what you are commenting on, all you know how to do is call car colors coming down the road and bullshitting your way into a someone's wallet. If you believe all the BS Honda feed you at the ride and drive that's fine just don't attack me and call me a jackass because you are ignorant.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Phateless
S2K compatible

you're evaluating the car based on criteria it was never meant to fulfill. everything is relative. if you want a car that does all of those things it costs more money. THIS IS A CHEAP CAR!!! you think the fit is so bad, go drive an aveo, or even a yaris. those make our fit look like a bmw.

Last edited by Phateless; 06-20-2006 at 11:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 11:13 PM
hondatech
Honda tech/eprom hackr

you're evaluating the car based on criteria it was never meant to fulfill. everything is relative. if you want a car that does all of those things it costs more money. THIS IS A CHEAP CAR!!! you think the fit is so bad, go drive an aveo, or even a yaris. those make our fit look like a bmw.
Nobody said it was a racecar, I was commenting on your previous comments where you praise the thing. Like I said whatever you think is fine, I'll think whatever I think. I said it was an econoshit box. Econo kinda fits the bill as far as the criteria it was meant to fulfill. My whole reason for even commenting in the first place was because I think most ppl on the thread were thinking it was the next civic si or something.