Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

LCA questions

Old 10-06-2003, 11:25 PM
A5295
Where am I?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LCA questions

I am having trouble with what i believe to be a wheel bearing on my RR corner. It is a loud roar that changes pitch/gets louder when turning left, quiets going straight and quits turning right.

I am looking into purchasing a GSR to do soem conversions with. The only problem is that the susp.is damaged on that corner of the car-the LCA is bent.

I have found a set of LCA's that are for sale from a 93 civic Si-will these interchange? I am trying to save money on the bearing replacement, and do the rear disc conversion at the same time. Is it possible with the other LCA's?

THanks for the help,

Michael
Old 10-07-2003, 05:28 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

All EG and DC ('92-'95 Civic -94-'00 Integra) front and rear LCA's are interchangeable. The only difference is if you don't have a stock sway bar, your LCA's won't have a hardpoint on them for the swaybar to attach to. You can get the Si's, but I'd just keep yours and maybe consider investing in a Energy Suspension bushing kit.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.
Old 10-07-2003, 05:30 AM
Andy
Hybrid Forum Moderator

Oh yeah, if the LCA's bent, check the bottom of that trailing arm. Around where the LCA bolts in should be a perfect U where it slides in. I bought a pair for my hatch and the LCA was straight but the U was kinked and I had to pull the drum off and swtich the trailing arms and it was a huge pain in the ass.

'06 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Stock, for now
'98 Civic EX - CTR headlights and grill, Kosei K1's, for sale
'90 240SX - SR20DET that will never get installed, project car.