Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

JDM ITR 5 Lug Conversion on 99 Civic SI - HELP

Old 03-10-2005, 09:46 AM
sonicrex
Dub L

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaliceCrew
I Just ran into this Problem now! upon doing some research I discovered that this: USDM 5-lug = 32mm, JDM 5-lug = 36mm, So now I need to go out and find JDM ITR Axles and I have no Idea where to find them please help me out guys! I can't drive my car until I find and Install these!
If you didn't already buy the conversion, try to find a USDM Type R 5-lug conversion. They're not too hard to find.
Old 03-15-2005, 08:59 AM
jspecb18c
all motor

I also have JDM ITR five lug for the front and I put one of my stock USDM B-series axles into the hub and it fit fine. There is no play at all and everything seems to work fine. The only thing that I am worried about is possibly the depth of the JDM ITR hub. I can get the nut onto the axle once it is thru the hub but this subject is and has been confusing, always hearing different views here and there. I will take pics tonight when I get home of the axle in the hub and then with the nut on to show you guys. I will post the pics tomorrow.
-Ryan
Old 03-17-2005, 05:26 AM
jspecb18c
all motor

Well here is what happened. I went down to work on my five lug last night and figured out the problem. I had an axle stuck in teh driver side of the JDM five lug and when I finally got the axle out, realized why I was confused. It looks like I have the JDM ITR driver side and the USDM ITR passenger side. So the myth is finally broken. The JDM five lug conversion will not work with your USDM B series axles. There is a difference in the hub and the JDM hub is just a bit bigger than the USDM hub. I will take pics of the JDM axle and the US axle next to each other so that everyone can see what I am talking about. Sorry about the confusion I had posted earlier.

DarkKnightWong - so to your answer, NO you cannot use your USDM SI axles with the JDM ITR hubs. The best thing to do is go out and buy the USDM ITR hubs and switch it over and just keep using the USDM axles. Good luck.

-Ryan
Old 03-29-2005, 04:46 PM
dicekay

Default Wait!

I've been having the same problem. I got this JDM ITR 5 lug conversion and drive shaft won't fit right.
I've read you guys posting and wanna add something.
I bought 5 lug hub, and bearing from Acura. I pressed out the hub/bearing from my JDM and found the ACURA bearing was too small, yes the knuckle is different, too.
So, I did some research and found that Civic and Integra shares a same suspension, knuckle, so I press out my civic hub/bearing unit...
Guess what... Acura bearing is too big, the myth about civic/integra was wrong...
I just ordered knuckles from Acura and waiting for them to be arrive. Hope it'll go well this time. Cost me over $500 for only two knuckles (already spent $300 on hub/bearing).
It's going to be an expensive conversion but hope it'll worth it!
I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 06-06-2007, 09:01 PM
Player_One

Default 5 years too late...

I hate to revive an old thread but this one keeps popping up in my searches. I wouldn't be surprised if it came up frequently in others' too.

I heard that the USDM CR-V axles have a 36mm spline and will work with the JDM ITR hubs since the first gen CR-V was also a B-series.

Also, the knuckles for the 95 Civic Si (not sure what other years) are the same as the knuckles for all USDM Integras. Here's the part number:

51210-SR3-N10 - KNUCKLE, R. FR.
51215-SR3-N10 - KNUCKLE, L. FR.

The Civic had two different bearing sizes... I believe for the 5th gen, the ones without ABS had 1.49" bearings (inner diameter). 5th gen ABS Civics had 1.69" which is what the Si had. For the 6th gen, they also came in those sizes but I think it was split between higher and lower trim models. 3G USDM Integras had the 1.69" including USDM ITR. JDM ITR I believe is bigger as stated here.

Also heard that the 97-01 USDM CR-V knuckle (and calipers and rotors) are essentially the same as the JDM ITR's.

Edit: I thought I'd add this but the 97-01 Prelude and CR-V use the same hub (takes 36mm spline like JDM ITR) and bearings. Maybe the CR-V/Prelude bearing would have fit the JDM ITR knuckles?

I also don't know if this will help anyone or not but the RSX-S (36mm) hub and RSX base (32mm) hub will fit in the CRV wheel bearing as it's the same bearing used on the RSX. I don't know if it keeps the rotor surface at the same place though.

Last edited by Player_One; 12-26-2007 at 09:24 AM.