Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

engine problems HELP

Old 06-25-2003, 02:02 PM
crxb16er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default engine problems HELP

ok we'll see if anyone can figure out my problem just for the fun of it, this hf engine ive got in my car is quickly dying, (i dont really care because the zc is on its way, b16 is now in peices all over the garage) i changed out the cap and rotor thinking it was the problem, its got new plugs, decent plug wires, fuel injectors are fine, fuel rail is good, air filter fine, battery fully charged, but the car has absolutely no power, i mean NO power, putting the pedal to the floor it gets to 3k rpms after about 3 seconds and yes it works to get there, with a load it literally crawls up to speed, and it has absolutely no pull forward unless at a rpm below 2.4k now i cant figure it out, it has been dying gradually, over the course of the 2 weeks its been in the car, and just today on my ride to work where im at now, i notice a sound coming from my exhaust, and i was thinking could my exhaust be so nasty that its caused a clog somewhere restricting the air flow from getting out, apon feeling the tip of the exhaust pipe i noticed the sidewalls of the thing are covered and possibly restricted up to 2 inches, in my would be 2 1/4 inch exhaust, so possibly there is a huge build up? i dont know, if anyone can think of nething let me know i was also thinking possibly the ignition coil isnt getting the voltage needed to fire the plugs correctly and im just getting a tiny lil spark in there? but i'll leave it up to u guys for suggestions, if i cant fix it in a few days i wont really care but this is one of the only times ive never been able to fix my own car. oh and as i drive it holding the pedal down at the same level at about 1.8k rpms the car will pull back and forth (like the acceleration rate is surging) good luck diagnosing my problem, and thanks in advance for ur thoughts and opinions.

edit: fuel filter is also fine.

posted this in the crx forum also so if u visit there this is a repeat post.
Old 06-25-2003, 02:32 PM
silverstreakin
TRD japan ownerages

prehaps different wiring on your iacv? that makes a huge difference
Old 06-25-2003, 03:24 PM
crxb16er

nah wiring is all as it should be, as it comes stock, ive put this engine in 2 times now so ive got that down, just dont understand why i cant fix this one now, i know its leaking some compression, when and engine just dies, does it do this? just slowly leaks compression until it no longer creates power? the strange thing is that the engine starts up perfectly every time no problems whatso ever, and idles perfectly. i dont understand.
Old 06-25-2003, 05:15 PM
silverstreakin
TRD japan ownerages

well if you are loosing compression...thats one thing...where is the compression going? and are you getting good sparks? i have a buddy that had similar problems when the igniter went out on his teggy
Old 06-25-2003, 08:29 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

timing is off. same thing that happened tonight with my mini-me swap.. at first it would go up to 2k fine and then after that it was just bogging like crazy... so maybe thats it
Old 06-25-2003, 09:36 PM
keefungliu

have you try to tear down the engine and look what happen inside? i think it could be your engine getting old and cracking from inside.