Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

civic conversion problems!!! HELP

Old 06-25-2003, 04:10 PM
daniel_civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default civic conversion problems!!! HELP

civic conversion problems!!! HELP.... quote:

I have a D16A SOHC non-vtec engine, i bought a D15B SOHC VTEC engine. I used the 1.5 vtec head on my 1.6 block. At present i have no engine check lights,i had to install a few sensors to get the check light off. also i used the 1.5 vtec ECU and the entire wiring harness.At present the car is not responding as it should,the car does not have all the power.The vtec seems to be engauging but not as how it supposed be.When i disconnect the vtec solenoids the car is even more dead, and i dont know what to do.

ADVICE NEEDED....
Old 06-25-2003, 07:23 PM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Why the hell did you use the 1.6 block? it's more than likely an oiling issue. The non-vtec oil pump is probably not pushing enough psi for VTEC engagement. It could also be a multitude of other problems. VTEC blocks and non VTEC blocks differ in several ways. Not to mention the D15B's rods are likely beefier than the non VTEC rods. It could be a lot of things though. What intake manifold are you using?
Old 06-25-2003, 08:23 PM
ZiviCase10287
RacinMasonC

i just spent 10 hours doing the mini-me swap today, lol... stupid sockets!!!! but anyway did you take out the oil control jet on the block when you took off the old head? if you didn't you'll have too much compression in your head and your VTEC will act like shit...let alone your engine for high compression. hope that helps if you didn't take it out!

EDIT: you take it out and put it right back in place and scrap the old headgasket off the block completely!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-26-2003, 01:40 AM
daniel_civic

red civic i used the intake manifold from the vtec head.