Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Swapping an LS into a 6th gen Civic EX?

Old 06-17-2003, 01:49 PM
bobbybosche

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swapping an LS into a 6th gen Civic EX?

Hey-

I've got a line on a pretty cheap B18B from an integra LS. Is it really worth it to put this into my civic? I'm already pushing an extra ten or so HP out of the SOHC I have with the intake and exhaust and don't have any immediate plans for boost, but would like it to be an option. I really want to build a sweet racing set up that will be ready to boost a lot once i am ready. Is the LS block a good start and what options do I have with it? Any websites you all know of for this?
Old 06-17-2003, 02:16 PM
crxb16er

yah ls blocks arent extremely high compression and they have a good deal or torque for their size, i'm not sure about the boltability of the swap but id say go for it if the price is good, they are alot easier to boost than ur original sohc vtec engine which is already at a pretty high compression rate, the ls has alot more potential if ur planning on building it is what im trying to say, sorry the beer is speaking.
Old 06-18-2003, 09:29 AM
PHiZ
BOOST GOD

It's probably pretty "boltable" with some SI (b-series) engine mounts. (maybe even just the rear drivers side mount).

I think these guys have done it:

http://tech.hybridgarage.com

also

www.hondaswap.com is pure money

:cough: hybrid fourm :cough:

:thumbup:

Let us know how it goes.

-PHiZ
Old 06-20-2003, 03:37 AM
yellow civic ex
ghey slow d16 modder

actually, ls motors have a very LOW compression compared to most hondas, which is why they're boostable. it would be a good upgrade...an ls block in a civic will beat a sohc bolt on civic 9/10 times, becaust even though it doesn't have vtec, it still has more hp and torque.
Old 06-23-2003, 05:19 AM
bobbybosche

Found just the link I was looking for. This should help anyone who is considering an LS swap and the VTEC conversion. I just wish there were some pictures to go along with it. If anyone has any, please let me know.

http://www.hondaswap.com/articles/viewer.php?id=6