Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

supercharged...

Old 05-26-2003, 06:27 PM
nuclearhuman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default supercharged...

hey guys i was wondering if anyone one has actually seen a procharger kit installed and functioning. I did a search and didnt come up with much. I was just curious if its actually producing the claimed figures or if its just a bunch of hype.

Just a question you know so if you guys have seen it in action or even own one let me know what its like alright. Thanks guys
Old 05-29-2003, 08:07 PM
j-speed racer

Default fun stuff

my buddy has one on his built b18 hatch. its running like 13 lbs right now, getting an 18 lb. pulley in soon. boost doesnt kick in, in first until about 6500 rpm but shoots up to 9000 rpms so fast i hit the rev limiter my frist time driving it because i wasnt ready for it to kick that hard.

the car is fast as hell, i'd say easily in the 12's. from the top of first gear on, the ride is crazy. i definately like it better than my jackson
Old 05-30-2003, 03:19 PM
SRT_Andy

In a comparable car with an S/C, I own their asses. I would suggest a turbo setup for your B18 motor b/c it will spool a T3 NICELY! You'll hit full boost by 3k with 2.5"-3" exhaust all the way back. THAT will make you crap the pants....
Old 06-02-2003, 08:40 PM
forum95
I'm Cooler than You

Turbo's sound so nice! PSHH!
Old 06-03-2003, 10:35 AM
j-speed racer

if somethign were to happen and i had to do it all over again, i'd probably go with a turbo kit. stop light to stop light i normally win, but how often do you stop racing after 60 mph.

i can be frustrating getting passed up in the 1/4 right before the finish line, which is why i think i'll be spraying a 35 shot in 3rd and 4th gear soon.

i did beat a turbo'd miata (rwd) last weekend at the illegals by a 1/4 of a car. so the supercharged are victorious over turbo from time to time.

anyways turbo is more efficient, unless most of your playing will be done stop light to stop light or at autocrossing.

all in all its up to what you prefer, do what fits your driving needs the most, not what popular vote says, in the end, you'll be the one driving the car.
Old 06-04-2003, 01:32 PM
doctorsohc
I HATE SCAMMERS!!!!

well here's a good example how turbos usually are more effective and economical than superchargers. I don't see any reason why a turbocharged engine is less reliable than a supercharged engine - I've actually seen more superchargers fail than turbos. I think the usual problem with turbos is the smoke issue, but that only happens if you shut the car down right after running it hard (turbo timers come to mind here) One other big plus with a turbo is the MPG - superchargers parasite off the engines rotating force to start with, turbos use exhaust pressure and flow therefore there's no mechanical engine loss. I know there are a lot of people that would argue all this, but there are more advantages to turbos than to superchargers. Of course all this being said only holds true if the turbo is properly sized and tuned. :thumbup: