Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Place you bought your motor from, and how you like them.

Old 01-20-2004, 03:21 PM
xhonda14flatx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmotorsonline is the shizza!!! i got my jdm type r motor from them, it came with everything for the swap. steve is awsome and quite knowledgeable.
Old 02-29-2004, 09:58 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

First B16A was from ASAP motors in houston. The motor had way more than the claimed 30k and blew in less than a year.

Second B16A was from ARD performance and was in great condition and packaged well.

Third B16 was from a local shop and was in great shape.

fourth engine (brand new short block only) was from ebay and turned out to be great. Only $390.00 for a brand new block.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:26 PM
Jason852001

Its funny you should mention ASAP motors. I ordered a LS swap from them this monday and was told it would arrive on tuesday since I live in Waco and they are houston based. I didnt get it tuesday or wednesday. I had everything ready to go even rented a engine puller. They told me yea my motor is sitting there ready to be shipped. I called them earlier today, Wednesday and I finally got told that they are in the process of getting a tranny since the one on the engine is auto. At this point I had had enough and called it off. "I want my money back you just lost a customer"
Old 03-08-2004, 09:07 PM
vtec28412

Got my b18c from hmotorsonline, very pleased with the engine.
Old 03-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Redcivic
One of the original OG's

Yeah, I will never buy from ASAP again. I also bought a D16Z6 for a cousin and when I went to Houston (all the way from San Antonio) the engine was not there. I even called prior to leaving to make sur it was there. Where in waco do you live? I graduated from Midway in 93'.
Old 03-11-2004, 12:20 AM
DTN94LS
Newbee

Anyone in Canada know where to get a good engine..possibly in the Ontario Area (Toronto)???

Looking to do a swap on my LS.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:09 PM
jeterkm02
hatchbacks r my anti-drug

i got my b18b at hmotorsonline.com

awesome service, the engine came completely cleaned up, its a 94 and looks like new. i was able to bargain with them to drop the price 300 dollars. I paid 2200 shipped. It arrived a week later undamaged, and packaged perfectly. Overal very Professional, good warranty/guarentee, and extremely easy to work with. Highly Reccommended.
Old 04-14-2004, 09:13 PM
Josh M

For my old Accord I bought my F20B from streetimports.com.........it was a crappy experience to say the least and I was ready to fly to Canada to give them an asswhipping. First it was missing some crap when it got to me and they didn't even offer to help me locate parts they just said "Sorry, there really isn't much we can do for you" and I was left to fend for myself. Luckily I have friends overseas that I contacted and they worked with their local Honda dealerships to get me the parts I needed.
Old 08-12-2004, 05:58 PM
PRE SHE ATE ME
::VOLKS FOR SALE::

B18b swap from Team KLR in Knoxville, TN. GREAT people, I'll always rep them because they were the first shop to actually explain things step by step, and are completely honest. If it won't work, they'll tell you instead of ripping you off.

LS swap, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch, CAI, labor, and misc parts TOTALLED= $2800
Old 09-22-2004, 10:13 AM
Clayton
Druvochsky Racing

I got my motor From ARD Performance, it's a 95 Honda Integra JDM GSR, we are still in the process of putting it in my 99 Civic Ex, and it's being kinda a bitch, it's bad ass though.
I am going to turbo it soon on a T3/T4 Hybrid Ceramic Ball bearing turbo ( haven't yet decided trim size) with an oversized front mount air-air intercooler, and of course a nitrous intercooler fogger kit, i've also got plans on getting new turbo friendly cams and a complete new valvetrain, i will probably get some head work done like valve job with port and polish to get the redline as high as possible