Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Which big engine is best for a turbo?

Old 03-20-2010, 12:59 PM
dreaminhorsepower

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which big engine is best for a turbo?

I'm considering buying an S2000, found an older one that had been stolen and stripped, needless to say no engine (or much of anything else). So it makes the perfect candidate for being a race machine, especially since I hate parting a car with its original engine.

ANYWAY. I want to turbo it, and I know spoon engines aren't meant for boost applications. I saw something where someone shoved an Acura TL's V6 into an s2000, which I think would be good place to start off just to mod things and get lots of HP, but would there be enough room for the turbo set up and how much do you think it would be able to handle (boost wise).

Also transmission recommendations appreciated. Thanks!
Old 03-20-2010, 09:11 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

.......... All the honda v6s are front wheel drive transmission. You would have to build something custom to make it rear wheel drive. v6s are not supported (after market parts, steel rods, tuning options) but the s2000 engine is. If I had a shell of a s2000 and money I would get a s2000 engine and trans do some research they have a lot of after-market support.

I am not trying to slam you if you have time, money and good fab skills anything is possible.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:55 AM
sharma789
Banned

id go for the b18c, although a b16 engine with a b20 head is reallllly good idea, couple guys i know have it. now thats some fast shit
i think you mean a b20 with b16 head haha. a b16 with b20 head would run like shit id prob be close to 120 hp
Old 04-09-2010, 07:08 AM
gingas

Since you have the shell & want a motor/trans for boost. I was just reading 1 of my import mags Super Street to be exact. Its a guy w/ a 03 S2K with a SR20 making 425 hp/385 . It's nice. The mag is April 2010. Since you want boost I feel thats a great motor/trans since its already turbo. I personally would get another F20 & boost that. It's all Honda. The S2k should stay NA just like the ITR/CTR. To each its own..

Good Luck & post pics