Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Hey im new here B18c1 gsr hatch engine question!!!

Old 03-25-2003, 05:44 PM
Ryangsr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey im new here B18c1 gsr hatch engine question!!!

hey everyone, ive been lookin at these forums for about a week now and finally registered, im not sure what section to post this question in so im postin it in a few, but please help me out. I recently purchased a 94 civic hatch with a gsr swap. I put in a new headgasket and timing belt on the motor, as well as a skunk 2 intake manifold. It is also running an aem fuel rail, and an external style fpr (not aem). the car ran before i had the head gasket etc. replaced, but did not have the FPR and the Skunk2. The car is running a p72 ecu and the stock gsr throttle body. only issue was that the vtec was not wired up yet(i have wired it up now though), and the o2 sensor was incorrect. the car is back together now, and it started up, and starts up, but it idles rough, and does not want to stay running. If you give it any sort of throttle, it likes to either bog down, or die. it is throwing a code 41 and that is it. Any ideas as to what could be causing it to run this way. (also, the plugs seem pretty foweled those 4 prong split fires, and the cam timing seems to be fine) any help is greatly appreciated. either reply here, or email me at ryan@amphetamineracing.com... or try instant messanger ryan327ss.
Old 04-16-2003, 05:38 AM
likaciv
Pretty Much its a Civic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

First i would get rid of those shit +4 platinums (waste of ignition energy) Stick with the stock ones at least, it sounds like your car is getting way too much fuel, and possibly one of the idle sensors were damaged or somthing in the transfer to the new manifold, just my .o2