Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Question about if my engine is the original or not?

Old 03-15-2010, 06:28 PM
davidcrevenston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about if my engine is the original or not?

Hello there,
Can you please advise me how I can find out if my engine in my 90 accord coupe EX is the originally engine or not. I have located and will provide below all info vin# is Honda Vin # 1HGCB7269LA018336

Engine Code A98300359

F22A4

With all this info there must be a way for me to tell if this is the original engine. I would think there is a website out there where you can locate with the above info if this is the original engine that came with the car from the factory. Please advise me thanks very much for your help as I am new at this.
Dave
Old 03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the honda engine blocks have a vin tag on then. Most are placed on the back side of the engine just above the oil pan. If that vin tag matches your vin good to go. If the vin tag is missing or not matching.................
Old 03-16-2010, 11:05 PM
davidcrevenston

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default follow up to..

Okay so here is my findings of what I found out about my question and a NEW question if you could please help thanks.
Well I called the dealer as well they could not help me at all they told me to call Honda America corporate offices. I did and they are able to verify if you have the vin# and your engine code # as well. The phone # for all is
Call 1800 999 1009 opt. 7 I think and they can help with engine verification as long as you have the vin # & your engine # for them. They also suggested going/registering online at this site but it does not offer that much info except the recalls that was helpful. The Website is www.ahm-ownerlink.com
However they could not tell me whether or not I have California emissions or not. Can someone please advise me how to tell if I have Ca emissions or non CA emissions thanks?
Old 03-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most of the cal emissions say ulev on the valve cover......Or post picks I can spot it some times due to all the gay shit on the motor.