Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Please Help! severe oil leak 2 mechanics no answers!

Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM
dj00140

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help! severe oil leak 2 mechanics no answers!

Ok so I have 94' Honda accord DX 2.2L vtec w/ an f22b automatic, I got it from a good friend who got it with a fresh head gasket. It's leaking about a 1/2 to 1 qt every other day appx. I knows its not the oil pressure switch, just got that done, just got the oil pan gasket done, not the valve cover.

It's leaking from the passenger side rear corner of the engine, the first mechanic did all the other work on it (except the hg) and sprayed it all down cause the entire engine was covered in oil and said it had to be the head gasket. He thinks the mechanic who did the HG before didn't do a good job because he didn't change out the water pump or timing belt, which got done after. The upper end looks new because its all shiny but IDK (maybe new head?).

Anyways the second mechanic was a little better and had a camera to look around and said it might be the HG but wasn't sure because it was covered by the transfer case but it was for sure the rear passenger side of the engine and was leaking down some tube. It leaks the majority when its running so I can only think it could be a cracked block or the HG, but that was just done... what else is in that area that it could be please help!!! thanks in advanced.

Following parts were just done:
-oil filter (yes it is tight)
- brakes and tires
-oil pan gasket (which is missing a bolt but isnt leaking)
-water pump timing belt and radiator
-distributor wires and plugs

The whole bottom half of the engine is covered front to back and pretty much the whole front half bottom of the car
Old 03-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Post picks.....