Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Advice for my full build boosted b series crx

Old 02-14-2010, 10:39 AM
91trex
91 trex si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice for my full build boosted b series crx

Well ive owned my car for around 2 yrs and it is finnally time to start a mamoth project in my mind. Complete build and paint job for my teal 91 si with 140k on the cluster. as of now i have an na b16a sir motor in her with bad rings due to me boosting the hell out of her. I have large horsepower goals. looking for 600plus whp. I just tore down a b16a sir 2 block i have. destroved rod journal was easy to find. upon mic check i noticed a .090 groove. of course this crank is shot. this raises questions as too what new crank to use. also, i have decieded to sleeve my block using golden eagle sleeves, this also raises questions. I have decieded to go with cp pistons and eagle rods. Here are my initial questions.

Should i purchase an eagle crank, and if so what versions of their b series crank will help with horsepower goals? Im new to building bottom ends and need the knoweledge. Wat cranks will work in my block? gsr or ls or type r. or will it have to be stock specs crank?
When i have my block sleeved i will also ask GE to bore and hone my block. What size bore should i go with to pull as much power out of this bottom end but remain safe? i know stock sleeves go to 82mm but that is not always safest. A sleeved block can go to 85mm i believe? i need insight as to bore size.
Based on this build, where are my bottom end weak links going to be? pistons rods crank sleeves etc? I have my own opinions on this but need more. Wat static compression should i use when i buy pistons? I will be on e85 so take that into consideration. I would like to thank everyone for thie input in advance as i am totally excited to make one bad ass crx. No better place to get knoweledge than honda tech right. I will also be adding pics as i progress on this build

Last edited by 91trex; 02-14-2010 at 10:43 AM.
Old 02-16-2010, 08:28 PM
91trex
91 trex si

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump