Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

NOS or Nitrous Express????

Old 02-16-2003, 08:44 PM
doodoobrown
VTEC-Gen4Lude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NOS or Nitrous Express????

Going to do a WET NO2 70-125 setup for my newly installed
JDM H22a1. NOS has the new "NOSzle"direct port fogger and the Nitrous Express' version "NXL". I'm prety sure that I'm going to be using on or the other.
My questions are...

Which is better? & why??
Has anybody done an install or had either of these systems installed??
What are the"BIG" do's and dont's?
What are they selling for ?
and
Who's got them at the best deals for a "complete" package?
Old 02-16-2003, 10:36 PM
dubcac
I

1. It's N2O
2. Both kits are similar. I know someone is going to come on here claiming that NX is better, because they rate their kits at the wheels. In actuality all they do is use bigger jets and claim they make more horsepower. Both kits are expensive and have similar features. If you are new to nitrous, start out at the 70-75 shot level. You'll need one heat range colder than stock NGK copper plugs, gapped to .030" for nitrous use, and you'll need to retard your ignition timing a few degrees. Use it responsibly. Don't spray below 3000 rpms, and don't hit your rev limiter. Don't make consecutive runs on the nitrous back to back, and don't spray for more than 15 secs at a time. In the future if you want to go above the 75 shot level, you'll need an inline fuel pump and aftermarket ignition. I would also recommend some sort of progressive nitrous controller, like the jacobs nitrous mastermind. Just remember, tuning is the key. Bad tuning and being irresponsible in its use will lead to blown motors.
Old 02-17-2003, 12:19 AM
doodoobrown
VTEC-Gen4Lude

per the "Sport Compact NITROUS Injection"by Joe Pettitt
The NOS Pro Fogger system jetted for 100hp on 92+ octane pump gas can run standard timing and a standard heat rangespark plug.
I will probably change my plugs as has been suggested) but will try my best to avoid Retarding my timing.
I don't know if the charts he's using are specific to 4cyl's or V-8's???
Additionally, if I were to fabricate a fuel cell for my 2ndary fuel supply (racing gas vs alcohol) during "N2O" use. would this improve performance and/or reliability???
THOUGHTS????
Old 02-17-2003, 12:45 AM
doodoobrown
VTEC-Gen4Lude

P.S.
the secondary fuel supply will be ran to nitrous system exclusively.
Old 02-17-2003, 04:56 PM
dubcac
I

I wouldn't trust running a 100 shot on stock timing and 92 octane and standard heat range plug; that's asking to blow your motor If you don't want to retard your timing you can either run higher octane gas all the time, or like you said fabricate a fuel cell with race gas/alcohol; I've been wanting to do that for a while. Just don't run leaded gas through a cat.
Old 02-24-2003, 03:38 PM
hlhiii

i wouldn't listen to everything in that book. some of it is good, but some of it will have your motor blown up. i run 2 degrees retard on a 75 shot with ngk bkr7e plugs, 255lph in tank pump, msd digital 6+ and a bunch of other goodies.