Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

replaced head, 0 compression all cylinders

Old 08-13-2009, 02:23 PM
Rmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default replaced head, 0 compression all cylinders

94 Integra LS was running okay until an exhaust valve cracked. I ended up replacing the head of the engine with a reman with full valve job done on it. I installed new head gasket, and a few other gaskets as well. I just put it back together and it won't start, or for that matter has any compression on all cylinders. I know something isn't seriously right. I had the engine at TDC(aligned white pulley mark with cover mark) and my camshafts were installed correctly with up on the cam gears facing up as well as the side marks pointing at each other. I hand turned the engine over a few times to make sure no valve contact with piston. I've checked for spark, firing order, and fuel, all present, just 0 compression as read on a tester. Yes the tester was good, checked it too. Any ideas to where I could be off here. Also did torque head bolts to 61ft/lbs and head gasket in with stamped up facing up. Is there any removal plugs installed in the head that I could have missed? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:34 AM
Rmo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, a whole lot of deadbeats on this forum... Please don't all respond at the same time, I may be overwhelmed!: