Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

B16a Went Bye-Bye

Old 07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
pslsnakes
F#%K JDM, USDM FTW

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B16a Went Bye-Bye

This happened Tuesday night. I took my friend's car for a ride, brought it to about 7800-8000rpm and it just died. We pulled over and popped the hood and didn't see any thing out of the ordinary, except the faint smell of a cooked motor. Called a friend to bring tools to pull the plugs, 1 and 2 looked alright, got to #3 and it was hard to loosen. Here's number 3's plug.

The tear down:

The Damage:

Retainer broke in half, dropped the valve and that's all she wrote. #3's wall is actually pretty clean for the damage to the piston and head so we may just have it bored to accomodate my 81.5mm CTR pistons. We haven't pulled the motor or inspected the bottom end yet so we'll see what happens after that. Stay tuned.
Old 07-20-2009, 09:08 PM
SHUA619CIVICSI
1991 CIVIC SI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pslsnakes
This happened Tuesday night. I took my friend's car for a ride, brought it to about 7800-8000rpm and it just died. We pulled over and popped the hood and didn't see any thing out of the ordinary, except the faint smell of a cooked motor. Called a friend to bring tools to pull the plugs, 1 and 2 looked alright, got to #3 and it was hard to loosen. Here's number 3's plug.

The tear down:

The Damage:

Retainer broke in half, dropped the valve and that's all she wrote. #3's wall is actually pretty clean for the damage to the piston and head so we may just have it bored to accomodate my 81.5mm CTR pistons. We haven't pulled the motor or inspected the bottom end yet so we'll see what happens after that. Stay tuned.
sorry for ur friends loss :bye: