Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

2-3 psi on stock h22a1?

Old 01-16-2003, 06:56 PM
dresden_k
RIP H22A-CB7 :(

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2-3 psi on stock h22a1?

Hey,

I'm wondering if a very mild turbo setup could be added to an h22a1 while still keeping it at the reliable-daily driver level, AND without doing anything to the internals of the engine.

I realize that it is a relatively high compression engine, with FRM cylinder walls, but it is also closed deck, to the best of my knowledge. Are these relevant factors?

I already have a 2.25" exhaust, headers and an intake.

What do you guys think?
Old 01-16-2003, 08:03 PM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm sure stock H22 internals can handle at least that small amount of boost, and are probably good for quite a bit more, provided your fuel needs are met.
Old 01-17-2003, 06:03 AM
dresden_k
RIP H22A-CB7 :(

What would be needed to provide adequite fuel delivery?
Old 01-17-2003, 11:30 AM
inspyral
のんびり~(´ε`)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For 2-3lbs of boost, you'd be fine with just a 12:1 FMU. If you wanted a way to tune your fuel curve(since you'll run very rich otherwise), you can run a piggyback fuel controller like an AFC or SFC. For up to about 8lbs of boost, the FMU setup should still be fine, but you'll want to add an inline fuel pupmp to provide the higher fuel pressure you'll be needing. If you go above 8lbs of boost or so, I would ditch the FMU setup and look into larger injectors, which you could use with an AFC or a standalone unit. If you go with larger injectors, a high-volume in-tank pump would be a good idea. Of course, a good standalone unit(Hondata, EMS, etc) and larger injectors would be the best tuning option, but for minimal boost, the FMU should be fine.
Old 01-18-2003, 07:16 PM
v4lu3s

dont waste the time makign 2-3 psi
tune it and go for 10 psi
the weak point is not the rods, block or anything...its teh pistons. the ringlands suck ass. you can run up to around 14 psi with proper tuning before things go bad...of course bad tuning will lead to failure MUCh sooner.