Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

honda beater swap

Old 07-20-2008, 12:14 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda beater swap

Alright so i've read my engine swap books and the H22 sounds like what i'm looking for. However i still want it to be an auto as i don't plan on being fast with it but i want more power than the F22 has at the moment. Well that and some easy bolts ons. Reason i want an auto is my gf doesn't feel like learning how to drive the mazda and the occasion traffic jam is a bizzle with a clutch. And like i said, its more for comfort than sport. So with that in mind, keep the flaming down, in the 4th gen body how hard is it to do this. I've never really swapped an engine before. I know some minor electrical work needs done and stuff but what do you guys have.

Also the other reason i'm considering this is the auto F22 i have now has 247,xxx miles on it. I'm sure it'll last a little longer but rather than try to replace seals and do various work that has been ignored i'd rather get a H22 that i could put on a stand, fix what needs done, drop it in and worry about it years down the road. So lets see your replies. Also i've actually grown to love this 4th gen. Not nearly as much as the 5th i used to have but its roomy for my 6'7" self.
Old 07-20-2008, 01:22 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just go for it. The only thing you may run into is some h22 have a seconder intake runner like the gsr the f22 dose not so you ether have to run without it ditch the intake or swap to an h22 ecu and wire it in. You may consider swapping the ecu because the f22 ecu may have a hard time running the h22 perfect but should do the job to an extent. If it was my car I would use an h22 ecu.

obd1? obd2? Some times obd stuff gets in the way. Do all your research.
Old 07-20-2008, 03:46 PM
vtec4clyfury
Geese!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i'm doing obd 1. The car was setup for it and i dont' want to change a billion things. Ideally i want to do an h22 engine, h22 auto, and the h22 ecu. I'm sure it has a different harness as well but i figure with those parts that were intended to go with that engine i should be fine. I dont 'know what the ecu connector looks like but then thats just for the ecu and not everything else..........i dont' think. anybody else done anything like this without performance in mind.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:41 PM
Fuse

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you transplant the engine,ecu,wire harness, and transmission it should go smoother. Obd1 to Obd1 the ecu will just plug in no difference from the f22 to h22 http://www.hondata.com/techecuid.html. Like I said the only thing You will have to wire in if you use the stock harness for the car is the duel runner shit and maybe some other thins? Or just ditch the intake.

If you wanted I have read about a h22 head swap to an f22/f23 do some searching. Its out there the H/Fs are almost smiler in design.

If you can find both the manual look at the pgmfi section and do some comparing www.hondatech.info see what else is different. Download the etm (electrical trouble shooting manual)

Last edited by Fuse; 07-20-2008 at 08:45 PM.