Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

help!!! car & motor problem!!

Old 11-13-2002, 10:13 AM
civic401

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help!!! car & motor problem!!

I crash my civic and the right side was damage, the right tire was push back.. I replace the bottom support bar and the shop fix my right tire.. but now I have a problem, every time I go over a bump on the road you hear this loud noise from the right tire, it follows the road, plus you can feel every movement from that right tire and I wouldn't feel anything from the other left side tire..... plus now the motor is not running as fast it use too.. I can feel a lot of power lost at high end.. I'll be in 5th gear at 80 mph and when I floor the gas I don't pick up speed.. I have to pull it down a lower gear... can someone tell me what to do or what is wrong with me car... thanks.. any help would be great full use to me.. oh yeah i drive a 5 speed 1998 civic dx..
Old 11-13-2002, 11:05 AM
forcedinduction

Default Re: help!!! car & motor problem!!

Originally posted by civic401
I replace the bottom support bar and the shop fix my right tire.. but now I have a problem, every time I go over a bump on the road you hear this loud noise from the right tire, it follows the road...
I think you mean lower control arm instead of bottom support bar. Check to make sure that you didn't bend the piston rod on your RF strut, I've seen it happen more than once, which would cause the loud noise and 'feeling the road'. When you say it follows the road does it pull constantly at speed? Checking your alignment would let you know if there are more bent pieces or if you just have a small enough camber and/or caster split to cause a pull.

Not sure on the motor.
Old 11-13-2002, 12:43 PM
crash

ya i had a bent strut once, when i was hit in the back right, check that.
Old 11-15-2002, 09:07 AM
civic401

Default Re: Re: help!!! car & motor problem!!

Originally posted by forcedinduction
I think you mean lower control arm instead of bottom support bar. Check to make sure that you didn't bend the piston rod on your RF strut, I've seen it happen more than once, which would cause the loud noise and 'feeling the road'. When you say it follows the road does it pull constantly at speed? Checking your alignment would let you know if there are more bent pieces or if you just have a small enough camber and/or caster split to cause a pull.

Not sure on the motor.
i took it in and they fix my alignment, but the same old thing happen.. what i meant is that it follows the ugly cracks on the road and riding on 17 inch rims doesn't make it any better too.. the guy at the shop didn't replace anything on the right side of the tire. he told me that my car frame was bent and that was what cause the right tire to be push back, so all he did was just straighten it back and that fix the problem to the tire.. but anyways i'll check the piston rod on my rf strut.. thanks
Old 11-15-2002, 09:46 AM
forcedinduction

If your frame is still bent, then the problem isn't really solved. You can adjust the alignment to "help" compensate for the bent frame so that it won't eat tires, but at the expense of handling/drivability/ect. To really solve the problem the frame needs to be professionally straightened then the alignment CHECKED again to see where your at then. If there isn't a large discrepancy from side to side, then get it aligned.

I wish I could ride with you in your car to help you better diagnose the problem. Good luck, lemme know if you have any other questions.