Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

new to this!!

Old 11-06-2002, 12:15 PM
Eric55inSacCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new to this!!

first off let me say i jus purchased a 96 ex as a driver/import project car... im new to this and really am wanting to learn as much as i can.. lots more but id save the sentimental crap for another time....i have a lil problem, car jus gave me a nice CEL with the code being "crank shaft position sensor #2" which is in the distributor i believe... now does anyone have any clues as to what this could be? same problem before?? damn computers:fawk: im used to workin wit 4v carbs dammit LOL but im glad to be learning a new realm!
Old 11-06-2002, 04:48 PM
1stGenCRXer
GWAKS- Tech Geekifier

If you're getting a cyp code, it's time to replace the distributor, unfortunately, just about nothing else short of that large $$ step seems to fix it.
Old 11-08-2002, 11:15 AM
Eric55inSacCA

actually took it to my friends shop and they found out it was a wire that had come loose from the timing belt cover and was rubbin the belt and had worn some...dont know if it came loose or the mechanics who did the 90k service to it forgot to put it in its correct placement.. anyways.. problem solved and gone. thanks