Notices
Engine Swaps, Tech & Tuning Swaps, N/A Performance, Forced Induction, Engine Management, & Troubleshooting

Yeah~ [H22 Swap into DC Integra]

Old 08-03-2007, 02:58 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sherwood
stupid idea when the b18c1 is such a powerful engine to start with. it's a technical downgrade going to a h22, though smaller in size the potential on the b in stock form is much more enticing to me.

if you havent bought the car yet buy a ls/gs/rs and do it into that, don't murder a dc2 when it will net you the same thing.
I would not call the H22A2 a downgrade. Not by a long shot.
For the displacement, it had a pretty damn good rod to stroke ratio in it's time. It had plenty of head flow and a decent set of cams to boot.

But as far as swaps are concerned, the game has moved on and the K-series is where it's at. Both the H-series and B-series are old news.

The OP said he plans to buy a DC Integra with the intention of swapping the motor rather than rebuilding it.

If I were to do the same, I too would go find an early DC4 with a solid, rust-free body. Then, go about piecing together a K24A2/ K20A hybrid... using the bottom end off a CR-V and the head off of either the EP3 CTR or the DC5 ITR.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-03-2007, 04:40 PM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheOtherDave™
I would not call the H22A2 a downgrade. Not by a long shot.
For the displacement, it had a pretty damn good rod to stroke ratio in it's time. It had plenty of head flow and a decent set of cams to boot.

But as far as swaps are concerned, the game has moved on and the K-series is where it's at. Both the H-series and B-series are old news.

The OP said he plans to buy a DC Integra with the intention of swapping the motor rather than rebuilding it.

If I were to do the same, I too would go find an early DC4 with a solid, rust-free body. Then, go about piecing together a K24A2/ K20A hybrid... using the bottom end off a CR-V and the head off of either the EP3 CTR or the DC5 ITR.
The H-series is by far cheaper and still quite potent with an H2B adapter kit you can utilize the B series transmission. And you can just ask John if it doesn't have potential.

But to deface a DC2 for the sake of putting in a FRM-sleeved, cable operated engine for more money than it would take to boost reliably, I say theres no reason.

I still would rather go H than K anyway, at least until the K prices drop some more.
Old 08-03-2007, 05:37 PM
TheOtherDave™
Apathy Kills

Moved & merged to Engine Swaps.
One thread on this swap is sufficient.

:: HAN Integra FAQ: If, by some miracle, yours hasn't been stolen... check it out!
Old 08-04-2007, 06:16 PM
AcuraFanatic

H22 > B18c1
Old 08-06-2007, 06:39 AM
primetime

Originally Posted by AcuraFanatic
H22 > B18c1
B18C1 Aftermarket > H22 Aftermarket

Why buy a gsr just to drop an h22 into a perfectly running car that has more power potential due to availibility of aftermarket parts for a b-series motor versus the h22.

Not taking anything away from the H22 because it is a powerful motor in its own right, but the market is still geared more toward the b-series, and now the K series.

One of my friends has an 87 accord as his track car that he just switch from a sohc 533whp non vtec to a 96 H22 that he has just finished after a year of research, completely building, and testing. It dynoed at 807whp. Point being that he had to use all custom parts (as well as making it fit) because of the lack of parts!
Old 08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
sherwood
I missed Sean

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by primetime
B18C1 Aftermarket > H22 Aftermarket

Why buy a gsr just to drop an h22 into a perfectly running car that has more power potential due to availibility of aftermarket parts for a b-series motor versus the h22.

Not taking anything away from the H22 because it is a powerful motor in its own right, but the market is still geared more toward the b-series, and now the K series.

One of my friends has an 87 accord as his track car that he just switch from a sohc 533whp non vtec to a 96 H22 that he has just finished after a year of research, completely building, and testing. It dynoed at 807whp. Point being that he had to use all custom parts (as well as making it fit) because of the lack of parts!
Trying to get 800whp out of anything will require finding the right parts.

The it's not that I find the H22 to be any worse. It's just not a logical choice in the cost to reward sector, especially with what I assume is a low performance ceiling in the owners mind.
Old 08-08-2007, 07:34 AM
intezza

If you ask me it's a toss up I did the H23-Vtec conversion in my DC2 for high compression and after the long build up and tuning it I could have done a K-swap but dont get me wrong the motor is a beast and sounds mean as hell but it's just expensive after you buy everything.
Old 08-08-2007, 12:43 PM
boostrooster
H22 member

Default a

Originally Posted by Mugenfreak
actually the non vtec h23 is the biggest but whos keeping track
actually k24
Old 08-13-2007, 01:24 PM
gingas

To solve your problem just buy a Lude & you'll already have a H22 then you can boost or just build for N/A..
Another thing a GSR is fun as is to drive, so having that motor built it'll
run.
I have a GSR & wouldn't waste my money dropping my B18C1 for a H22.
If I had the $$$ for a K motor it'll be nothing less than a K20-R 220 hp stock. Yess Sirrr!! Holla